From 3d Game to a Great Movie

What 3d Game do you think would make the perfect movie?

My choice is HalfLife 1. When I first played the game the Freeman character reminded me of Charlie Sheen. I don’t know if he was the model for this character but the resemblance is there.

A Halflife movie could be as interesting as Alien or Stargate if it had the right director, cast and FX. The suspense and action would be perfect for a film.

I think Half-Life would be cool. THoug my pic is one they are already Doing. DOOM III :smiley: hehehhe

A half-life movie would rock…truly…(its strange ever since i first played HL i thought of charlie sheen as gordon…i’m thinking valve had him in mind when they made HL - the resemblance is striking)

The doom movie is quite interesting, since i’ve always had a soft spot for doom, and i really hope the movie will do the series justice.

other games that would be really cool as movies.:

leisure suit larry (any one of them) :smiley:
Clive barkers undying
Mafia (would rock!)
Metal gear solid (coupled with sons of liberty)
the Legacy of kain series (been a while since i’ve seen a good vampire flick - underworld did’nt make it for me)

and lots more…

Grim Fandango :buttrock:
Full Throttle

maybe even anything that has lucasarts written on it (except for the starwars series)

Lemmings!!! :applause:

:beer:

Shaykai

Fallout
Deus Ex
Baldur’s Gate
Rainbow Six :buttrock:
Doom

Monkey Island, especially MI2… not 3D but anyhow.

I would propably collapse when the main Monkey Island theme would start playing and some Caribbean island by night would appear on big screen. :buttrock:

I want a pint of Grog and popcorn with my Monkey movie please!! :beer:

Originally posted by Cyborg Corp.
Rainbow Six :buttrock:

that would be cool although i’d prefer it if they based the movie on the novel instead of the game. :slight_smile:

• Monkey Island? Hell yes! :beer:
  • Clive Barker’s Undying would be kickass! :smiley:
  • American McGee’s Alice (but that’s already being made apparently)
  • Half Life
  • Final Fantasy VII (but they’re also doing that! http://www.square-enix.co.jp/dvd/ff7ac/ )
  • Tenchu
  • Baldurs Gate
  • Icewind Dale (But more based around the book)
  • Final Fantasy X
  • Metal Gear Solid, definately.
  • Grand Theft Auto should be a TV series.
  • Sam and Max
  • Grim Fandango
  • Deus Ex
  • Thief
  • Nocturne
  • Waxworks (Now THAT takes me back!)
  • I’d like to see Soul Calibur as another B-movie-esque Mortal Kombat type thing. Just for fun.
  • Silent Hill (But that’s also in the works http://www.silenthillheaven.com/Site/Movie/Main.html)

Tetris world

Originally posted by erilaz
[B]- Monkey Island? Hell yes! :beer:

• Clive Barker’s Undying would be kickass! :smiley:
  • American McGee’s Alice (but that’s already being made apparently)
  • Half Life
  • Final Fantasy VII (but they’re also doing that! http://www.square-enix.co.jp/dvd/ff7ac/ )
  • Tenchu
  • Baldurs Gate
  • Icewind Dale (But more based around the book)
  • Final Fantasy X
  • Metal Gear Solid, definately.
  • Grand Theft Auto should be a TV series.
  • Sam and Max
  • Grim Fandango
  • Deus Ex
  • Thief
  • Nocturne
  • Waxworks (Now THAT takes me back!)
  • I’d like to see Soul Calibur as another B-movie-esque Mortal Kombat type thing. Just for fun.
  • Silent Hill (But that’s also in the works http://www.silenthillheaven.com/Site/Movie/Main.html) [/B]

sweet list…

Did’nt even know they were doing a silent hill movie…WICKED!

anachronox, awesome rpg game by ion storm, a bit buggy but it was set in an interesting universe

Knights of the old republic has a good star wars story and better voice acting than any of the new films

half life, one of the few games that’s actually made me jump, definitely a game I’d like to see translated to the big screen

Pacman - hands down, that would be great… uh, what was the topic again?

Karnov

There’s already some good ones posted.

My picks:

MYST series - very surreal- David Lynch or Tim Burton should direct
Descent- A head-spinning sci-fi action flick, directed by Paul Verhoeven
Alpha Centauri- a planet colonization epic with James Cameron at the helm
Masters of Orion- a Star Wars killer, directed by anyone but Lucas!:stuck_out_tongue:

Virtual Valerie 2 :beer:

in all seriousness, Wing Commander, but they screwed that one up.

Originally posted by Signal to Noise
[B]MYST series - very surreal- David Lynch or Tim Burton should direct

Hm, don’t really see how that would turn out… Myst is beauty, silence, peace, surreal (indeed), puzzles.

the silence is important. Not much music and dialogs, just let the graphics speak. I doubt if that could be accomplished on the white screen. But I would love it for sure…

Devil may cry.

star craft. loved the story in the manual…

Fallout 1-2
Baldur’s Gate 1-2
Half-life
Starcraft
Soul Calibur 2 (already in the works? who cares, I wanna see Nightmare dish it out with that eyeshovel sword of his.)
Metal Gear Solid
Rainbow Six (book not game)
Anything Macross related, because I love mechs and macross)