Frequently Asked Questions

I think you will be automatically judged as an individual… at least you should be… don’t know

Thanks Mibus.He send you mail on Friday.Did you get it?

My question is not about the content of this challenge but the challenge system in general. If i start on a process showing some ideas in the concept stage and wip stages but then as this is developing a new idea (and hopefuly) better idea emerges do i need to stop my entry and start again or is part of the challenge to complete the idea that you start with.

Also i assume that the title of the pic doesn’t need to be finialized until the very end

my monitor is calibrated for printing purposes
most of the time the look of my 3dworks texture differs from monitor calibration
just wondering on what calibration the judges going to use?

I can not enter the challange, is it maybe to late?

I was considering making a music video and I wonder if this is ok?? (just want to be sure)

Yes.

Did anyone upload any video ?? I’m telling you… The CGUploader dosen’t work… I enter my ID, I select the category Video:Work in Progress, enter title, description, software used… but the BROWSE button on the “Video Source File:” is unavaliable :((

Are you using the latest CGChallenge Uploader? There’s a link on the Submit Entries page.

Hi there! Question:In my entry it shows team members but my works is individual

You’re a “team of one” :). I’ve made it hide the list if there’s only one person anyway.

Thanks Mibus.He send you mail on Friday.Did you get it?

No… checks spam folder. Found it. Looks like a few challenge-related emails got caught - I’ll respond to them all in a few minutes. I’ve accepted your brother’s invite for him.

…as this is developing a new idea (and hopefuly) better idea emerges do i need to stop my entry and start again

Not at all - let your ideas grow and flow!

Also i assume that the title of the pic doesn’t need to be finialized until the very end

Correct. You don’t really “need” to pick a title, it’s just nice :slight_smile:

just wondering on what calibration the judges going to use?

Depends on the judge - we set no requirements for calibration.

I can not enter the challange, is it maybe to late?

Not at all! Go for it.

Just one little question about the team management system. :rolleyes:

I’ve enter the challenge and a friend join my team.
As far as i am the one who have sucribe to the challenge, have i to post his w.i.p with my account, or is it possible for him to post them in my challenge thread ?

I also want to know if i can add his name in the thread name ? :slight_smile:

yes I am… :frowning:

As far as i am the one who have sucribe to the challenge, have i to post his w.i.p with my account, or is it possible for him to post them in my challenge thread ?

You have to post it all.

I also want to know if i can add his name in the thread name ?

I’d rather not head down that path for this challenge, sorry. We’ll keep it in mind for the next one though :slight_smile:

If I finished and can keep the copy of XSI can I transfer it to another PC of mine?

maximum size I can render is 2048 x 1536 pixels, is that o.k. for the final image?

Hello everyone, i,ve just entered the contest and do not understand when i have to finish my work (video)

In the topic i saw it:
Alien Relations : Video Category : 17 March - June 9
So June 9?, am i right? :slight_smile:

Image time left: 29 days, 21 hours, 35 minutes, 15 seconds.
Video time left: 57 days, 21 hours, 35 minutes, 15 seconds.

it disapointed me a little in a menu “submit entry”… what does it mean?

Sorry for the stupid question, maybe it was because of my baaaad english :slight_smile:

Frio: June 9 sounds right to me! It should match up with the countdown timer…

robbi: 2048x1536 should be OK. I’d expect you can transfer the license to another computer, but you should check with Softimage about the specifics if you’re concerned.

liviuberechet: The only reason the current uploader should ever have a disabled “browse” button for the video upload, is if there is no category selected (ie WIP choice). Double-check that, and send a full screenshot to me (robert@ballisticmedia.net) and a copy of your current cguploader JAR file, if you still have issues.

I was wondering, it has to be all nice between aliens and humans?
I got a history that shift’s and i want to represent the “battle” part of that history.

If I use music someone else composed and recorded (from iTunes for example), how should I credit them besides the regular credits at the end of my video? I have already emailed them and received permission via email, but should I get an official license drawn up?

ReddBaronn

If I use music someone else composed and recorded (from iTunes for example), how should I credit them besides the regular credits at the end of my video? I have already emailed them and received permission via email, but should I get an official license drawn up?

What you’ve done sounds OK - you will have credits at the end, and written (email) permission.

I was wondering, it has to be all nice between aliens and humans?

No :slight_smile:

More good news - ImagineFX have come on board to Challenge XXII - Uplift Universe. One winner’s entry will be selected to be published as the cover of an ImagineFX subscriber edition and they will award one year’s free subscription to Imagine FX Magazine to every winner

i saw once something writed in the rules about some countries that canot participate in some chalenges. i’m brazilian now living in china. can i try it?

UPDATE: FTP submissions for the TIFFs are now open. Check out details here.

Note: Video uploads having trouble? Try re-downloading the CGChallenge uploader, we’ve updated some stuff :slight_smile:

Yes, you can enter.