Frequently Asked Questions

Heh they’re back up and running now.
Yay!

PS-- I’m getting the same message trying to activate my already installed XSI trial

Error: NO DEFINITION SPECIFICATION TO GENERATE LICENSE FOR THIS REGISTRATION CODE.  
PLEASE REPORT THIS ISSUE TO LICENSE@SOFTIMAGE.COM.

Already contacted the XSI licensing address provided :confused:

just a quick question
are the licences transferable :D? i want to install it in my new computer but that wont be for another 3 months but i also want to get started learning
i feel like if i wait the licence will no longer be available

thx

the email plainly states to follow the link and dl a different(?), other version. i got no impression that the key would work on the trial version. i still have time so i’m in no hurry to figure it out.

I’ve got the same message.

[QUOTE=admkrk]the email plainly states to follow the link and dl a different(?), other version. i got no impression that the key would work on the trial version. i still have time so i’m in no hurry to figure it out.[/QUOTEIt’s the same size file (old Trial new Academic)

That’s why I’ve been trying to figure how to activate the new non-commercial license on it.
I’m not going to think it’s not possible, so I’ll just wait around longer…

Unless you download Academic version and install on top of the trial version?
I wonder if that would keep all your settings?

Hooray!!!:applause: :smiley: :love:

License activation is working now. Someone at Softimage must have sorted out the problem as soon as they arrived at the office.

Thanks, Softimage!

Hip! Hip! :applause::applause::applause:
Yes it is! Merci beaucoup SoftImage.

PS-- And of course thank you Leonard Teo and SoftImage staff.
Next competition I’ll do something nice or nothing at all.
On the mean time can start a modelling reel even :wink:

It was totally worth it getting last competition entry done on time :buttrock:

Yes! Softimage!

My Thank You, to Leonard Teo and Softimage people

I’m up and running now, i would like to say thanks to the licence support team for such a speedy responce. Thanks to Leonard and the softimage team for such a great offer.

Hi,
I am just wondering whether anybody else, who has been included in the final list for image and animation, has not received their XSI license yet like myself.

Barry

ah, so i take it that we don’t have to dl and install another version and just have to run the new key. glad i waited then. :slight_smile:

Same boat here!

Softimage got back to me in less than a day. I’m up and running now. Thanks to the folks at Softimage for sponsoring this contest, and for the speedy response to my little registration problem.

thanks a lot :applause:

Leo,

Will this copy of the non-commercial academic license include the upgrade to XSI 7? As outlined on the buy page of Softimage:

XSI 7 will be available before September 30, 2008. All purchases of XSI from July 1st, 2008 will be upgraded to XSI 7 for FREE when it ships. Don’t wait!

Many thanks!

Will this copy of the non-commercial academic license include the upgrade to XSI 7

Unfortunately no. The contest was for XSI 6.5 – note that we only “announced” XSI 7 today and it is not actually ready to ship until later this quarter. We are, however, eager to sponsor another Challenge with CGSociety and will provide XSI 7 in the next Challenge. So as long as CGSociety is willing and you’re set to participate, you’re good with XSI 7.

In the meantime, I trust you’ll enjoy XSI 6.5. We’re working hard to get XSI 7 shipped and a downloadable trial version out.

Best,

Leo

Thanks for the quick reply!

All I needed to know. :thumbsup:

Hello Leonard,
In a previous post you asked that anyone who had not received their XSI license to contact you. I have done so and not recieved any word back. Not even to acknowledge that you received my email. Same for a follow up email. I was also the fellow that emailed you earlier to let you know that for some reason I was no longer receiving any emails from Softimage as to the status of licenses or anything else as I was worried that there was an unknown (to me) problem with my account. I was wondering if all the licenses to be distributed have been? Can you verify for me that you have recieved my name on the list from CG Society that I qualify for a license and if not who do I have to contact to solve this matter.

Thank You,
Brian

A Big thank you again. I did not knew that rigging and envelopes could be that fun. :slight_smile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard
Unfortunately no. The contest was for XSI 6.5 – note that we only “announced” XSI 7 today and it is not actually ready to ship until later this quarter. We are, however, eager to sponsor another Challenge with CGSociety and will provide XSI 7 in the next Challenge. So as long as CGSociety is willing and you’re set to participate, you’re good with XSI 7.

In the meantime, I trust you’ll enjoy XSI 6.5. We’re working hard to get XSI 7 shipped and a downloadable trial version out.

Best,

Leo

Hello Leonard,
In a previous post you asked that anyone who had not received their XSI license to contact you. I have done so and not recieved any word back. Not even to acknowledge that you received my email. Same for a follow up email. I was also the fellow that emailed you earlier to let you know that for some reason I was no longer receiving any emails from Softimage as to the status of licenses or anything else as I was worried that there was an unknown (to me) problem with my account. I was wondering if all the licenses to be distributed have been? Can you verify for me that you have recieved my name on the list from CG Society that I qualify for a license and if not who do I have to contact to solve this matter.

Thank You,
Brian

Hi Brian
No reply to me or the follow up email I sent .

Barry