Frequently Asked Questions

gotta say, really impressed by the originality many have shown in the image catagory.

judges have a tough ask on their hands i reckon!!

on a side note, finished reading “Startide Rising” and a quart way through “Uplift War”…

a fine series to read…

K’tha’Jon = badass!!

Marley

Thanks for all answers. i resolved my issues using FileZilla instead Smart FTP Client.
Thanks.

when will the image winners be announced?

are Image submissions closed ?

I want to start a new thread in the image section but then I got a message that says

“you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons etc…” why ?

Because the deadline for completing the Image part of the Challenge was May 12th. They are not accepting any more entries and are currently in the judging process. So yes, Image submissions have been closed for a couple weeks now! :slight_smile:

I didn’t know that :frowning:
is there no chance to get in ? I thought the deadline is the 16th June 2008

This Challenge was a bit different from previous ones in that there were 2 deadlines: an earlier one for Images, and a later one for people making animations/short films. So yes, you can still get in… if you want to be in the Video part of the Challenge. Otherwise, see you at the next Challenge!

at work we have to much to do so I have no time to work on an animation :sad:
so I spend my free time on an image.
anyway, it is sad that I can’t joing the image section but will try it on the next challenge
thanks for the fast answer walrus :wink:

thats really sad walrus. i too was thinking the same deadline.

:sad:

I must admit I also thought the was only one deadline. To be honest deadline for image is not clearly marked, I cannot find it in rules even now. Thats maybe something to work on in the future, to avoid nasty suprises.

Regards,

K.Polak

It was on display until deadline, there also was special counter for it. It is still clearly marked in instruction pages :thumbsup:

Obviously not clearly enough if I could not find it :wink: I know there was counter, but I am talking about the challenge description. Thats should be bold font on the first page.

Regards,

K.Polak

Hi guys! We hear you on the challenge deadline thing - we’ll make it doubly clear up-front that there are two deadlines.

Image Challenge winners are likely to be announced in the next 2-3 weeks.

I want to submit new works and the site give me errors.I made 2 print screen.
Is problem with the server?http://adib.cgsociety.org/gallery/637603/

The authentication issue should be fixed now. It’s all related to the server downtime I’ve reported in the Support Forum.

Submissions may still be offline, I will be checking them soon.

Could you please tell me, is it possible to shift video deadline for, lets say, 1 week? I think most of participants will agreed with this time extension. Thanks

HEllo
I just wanna make things clear
Final submission should look like:
1st submission 1 video including 30 second short trailer+max 90 second making of
2nd submission 1 video including 90 second full trailer

I’s that correct?
Should we put whole making of including scenes and eg models from full trailer inside 1st movie?
Thanks in advance!
-BB

yeah, i could use one more week for polishing!!! please, please!!!

1st submission 1 video including 30 second short trailer+max 90 second making of
2nd submission 1 video including 90 second full trailer

No, just string it all together.

Could you please tell me, is it possible to shift video deadline for, lets say, 1 week?

As it happens, I’m in the middle of writing an email alerting everyone entered to a one-week deadline that we decided on (what with all the server issues last weekend). Otherwise it’s a bit unfair, especially to those who don’t have a lot of time during the week.