Frequently Asked Questions

Like i said in the “edit” the .tif was broken, but thanks =)

phew! close one :wink:

good luck all.

A

I have uploaded the tiff on ftp when I refresh ftp it do not show me my uploaded file and then in Upload image page it still says-

Final Image Status

[b][i]You have not yet uploaded a final image for this challenge!

please help …
[/i][/b]

Sounds like you remembered to upload your final TIF file but not the final JPG with the story description. When you do that, if it’s not too late, make sure to select “Final Image” as your milestone. Without that, well, it’ll give you the error you’re getting.

Will the judges let the participants know which rank they have even if they don’t win in any of the categories?

e.g. 12th place, 15th place, etc.

Or will the only ranking be “Master” and “Excellence” Award.

Master, excellence, and couple of honorable mentions (I’ve been told). rather than that there will not be any actual place anouncing. like 53th, etc.

Same to me!! I followed all the steps to upload the Tif image but after a succesfull (listening to the ftp program) transfert,nothing appeared on cgchallenge pages…
I will try again later to re re re re re re upload the tiff image.

:sad:

I have uploaded image 4 times. in ftp program it says sucssefully uploaded, but nothing apears if I try to refresh it, not sure wheter it uploaded or not. but in submit entry page if I go on final tiif upload page it still gives me same message-

Final Image Status

[b][i]You have not yet uploaded a final image for this challenge![/i][/b]

I dont know why it is happening-

there is no clear step by step guidline availble on cgchallenge page.

Please clarify the directions for final tif… it says also 3 samples/pixel - do the images in my WIP count, or do i also send 3 WHAT… with, final image?

3 samples = R, G, B.

i can’t seem to get the image to upload. i tried using fetch for the ftp thing but when i do it itsays that its uploaded but it doesn’t say anything different when i log in on here to check. any suggestions for another ftp to use and if it got uploaded correctly will it say so when i log in on here.

Did you use the filename you were given? If not, you need to let me know what name so I can find it.

And after it is uploaded, wait a while before clicking on the button so the server has time to decompress and process it. In my case, I waited about a minute

It’s done on-demand, unless you wait a lot longer (15-20+ minutes).

Just wanted to ask if there’s different criteria on whether an image qualifies for judging or if all you had to do is complete the challenge. Also how do you find out if you’re elligible for the non-commercial license and is there going to be any announcements or news on this?

We’ll talk about this a bit longer after the challenge is finished. (Possibly after the video category has closed too, we haven’t got a fixed date).

i didn’t know i wasnt supposed to lower my samples untill i went to submit my final image

It doesn’t say not to down-sample, it says not to up-sample :slight_smile:

I already contact my internet service provider and they admit conflict between IP addresses. They promise resolve the issue, but I don’t know how long it take. Would it be possible submit final TIF later, if they don’t resolve all internet issues on time? I already uploaded final image in gallery.

The TIFF submission area is still unofficially open while I finish cleaning up some behind-the-scenes stuff. You’ll know it’s too late when the FTP becomes unable to be logged in to.

where it says ’ username …’ is it giving you an example or do i copy that in ? can’t remember from last time.

Use that one.

I made a new tif in photoshop and everythings fine now. The old tif was broken i think.

The image system can’t process multi-layer TIFFs or anything else special like that. Straight flattened RGB, and nothing else folks!

I have uploaded the tiff on ftp when I refresh ftp it do not show me my uploaded file and then in Upload image page it still says-

Did you submit the final JPEG? Did you use the correct name for your final TIFF?

Will the judges let the participants know which rank they have even if they don’t win in any of the categories?

No.

Will you judge the single Image entries now and the Video entries later, or will you wait until the Video deadline has passed before you post any results?

SOFTIMAGE® | XSI®v.6.5(Ess 32. Expires in 33 days)

Video time left: 26 days, 23 hours, 47 minutes, 9 seconds.
cringe
Project:mr_tests Scene:Untitled
:twisted:

Thanks ChojinDSL
My connection isn’t working, is there anyway to improve it? I don’t know what my username is, or if I even have one?

Jumblez - Did you click on Submit Entry and then on the links to “Submit Tif file?” If you do that, you will go through a few menus to confirm your address and name and then you will be given a username and password to use for your FTP upload. It will say this:

FTP Information

Hostname: challenge.cgnetworks.com
                  Username: challenge20
                  Password: uplifted

It will also give you a filename that you have to name your Zip file before you upload it. Of course it will also tell you that image uploads are closed because the deadline for images was 2 days ago. But that’s why the rules also stated, as you noted in an earlier post, “It says on the rules in the challenge, if you don’t know what FTP is, get help with this before the challenge.” Still, there are exceptions, so good luck getting your image submitted! (but next time, you might want to take your own advice and figure this stuff out before it’s too late! :wink: ) Good luck!

HI there!
My question is regarding those who could not finish their image on time!
I was wondering if it’s possible to continue my thread, using private hosting
for uploading Wip images, until I finish the work, or should I just move it all
to Wip_3d section and continue there?
Thanks in advance, and looking forward to the next challenge!
:slight_smile:

I have at last find an ftp program that works! and i have posted the print resolution image giving it the number name from cgtalk and naming the zip the same way.
ok…everything looks like is going the right way,but now i have no confirm of my upload status but the ftp program “upload ok” message.
There are ways to check the status on cgtalk o cgchallenge pages?

tnx.

Fabio Oscar Corica -OZ-

does anyone know if we are allowed to post our images to our personal blogs prior to the end of the video section?

does anyone know if we are allowed to post our images to our personal blogs prior to the end of the video section?

Yes, you can.

There are ways to check the status on cgtalk o cgchallenge pages?

Go back to the Submit Final Image page, it should show you a thumbnail of your image. (If it shows nothing, you probably used the wrong filename, or uploaded a RAR not a ZIP).

I was wondering if it’s possible to continue my thread, using private hosting
for uploading Wip images, until I finish the work, or should I just move it all
to Wip_3d section and continue there?

You can do either; you can also put stuff on your CGPortfolio :slight_smile:

FTP will be totally disabled soon, because we start full judging preparations early next week. Scramble now if you haven’t finished your FTP upload.

Thanks Walrus
haha yeah it’s too late for submitting for this challenge. I’m still figuring out how to use these forums! At least I’ll know how to do it for next time.

[b]

because we start full judging preparations early next week. Scramble now if you haven’t finished your FTP upload.

[/b]So the Image winners will be announced before the video ? or are we going to wait for those guys? :slight_smile:

You can do either; you can also put stuff on your CGPortfolio

Thanks a lot!
CGTalk rules!
:thumbsup: