Frequently Asked Questions

Hey tnx Mibus for all your great helps man, , But I have some other ones for you!

Dunno really it’s just for me or no! But:

1. Its really hard for me to make “Submition entry” process to work!
  2. challenge page images often didn’t displayed and I saw just text! (even about ads! and thumbnails also)

I ask it couse I have the same problem in both of my home PC and my workplace one, so thought there’se a chance that it wasn’t just mine! anyway from yesterday I can’t submit anything on the challenge even hardly like paste!

Tnx in advance, mim

SAME PROBLEM!!!:sad:

hello got some questions to

Is it ok if the interaction is implied?..as the image has its base in an uplift story ;in the image the aliens appear just trough their ships:)

what about the final images.
1 has to be under 150 kb wont that ruin alot of the details ,quality?;even tho its only for other cgtalkers viewing…The FTP one has any constraints? image size… folder size ?why even ftp file anyway?:stuck_out_tongue:

and same probls as above.recently cant get into submit entry page, or see the thumbnails from other entrys,or the all entrys page etc.even tho im on a laptop doubt it counts:) wanted to see the final date for entrys

Cheers

i was having problems even getting pages to load here for the last week or so. seems to be cleared up now for me at least.

yeah the forum seems to be a little weird right now also yesterday, how about a deadline extention due to the problems Mibus :deal::stuck_out_tongue: jeje

an extention?? hu hu hu good idea Octostatue…hu hu hu :wip:

lol! I’m with you! also about Video section! :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit:
and the submition progress just working awsome and fast for me right now! TNX for solving :slight_smile:

A big " T N X ! ! " to cgtalk crew for the very fast solving!!:applause:

An extension please, :bowdown: (especially in the image) very interesting project for such a short time.
The evil “Murphy’s law” will not let me calm. :argh:

Sorry for my poor English
Good luck!!

Hi,

1. I want to ask about crediting, I will use some tutorial about Chess (chess puzzle) from Chess Website to be use on my uplift challenge thread. Should I enter the credit as soon as possible when i upload or submit entry of image that use that puzzle, or i can credit it after i finished and upload it with my final image, i mean i submit the credit in one single document with my final image?
  2. About the final image is Ok in tiff 8 bits color depth because i will use gimp for create my final image?

Thanks

(Sorry about my english)

Also posting that an extension would be amazing. Not that I won’t be trying to get done by the deadline. It’s just that it would be so nice.

I hope there’s more people asking :slight_smile:

We’re still over a week away from the end of the image section closing, making an extension pretty unlikely. Thanks for your patience with the server issues we had this week though! Hard drives are called “hard” because they can be hard to manage, I reckon :slight_smile:

1. I want to ask about crediting, I will use some tutorial about Chess (chess puzzle) from Chess Website to be use on my uplift challenge thread. Should I enter the credit as soon as possible when i upload or submit entry of image that use that puzzle, or i can credit it after i finished and upload it with my final image, i mean i submit the credit in one single document with my final image?

Credit the first time you use it, and in the final submission, and that should be enough IMHO.

1. About the final image is Ok in tiff 8 bits color depth because i will use gimp for create my final image?

I made the images that I test with in GIMP, so yes :).

Is it ok if the interaction is implied?..as the image has its base in an uplift story ;in the image the aliens appear just trough their ships:)

Implied is OK, but make the interaction clear.

1 has to be under 150 kb wont that ruin alot of the details ,quality?;even tho its only for other cgtalkers viewing…The FTP one has any constraints? image size… folder size ?why even ftp file anyway?:stuck_out_tongue:

150kB should be plenty; we make higher-quality copies (from the TIFFs) for some public presentation things anyway.

thanks Robert! in regard to the 16-bit conversion, i did try it out … all banding artifacts are gone as compared to 8-bit where they’re still there … but here’s the thing, once i switch to 16-bit, these filters stay activated :

• liquify
  • vanishing point
  • blur
  • distort
  • noise
  • render
  • sharpen
  • stylise
  • video
  • other

THE REST OF THE FILTERS ARE DISABLED :frowning:

when switching back to 8-bit, all filters are on, but again, i’m back to square one with the artifacts :frowning:

can i still save my final work with a 16-bit channel? will it pose a problem in any way?

please help :frowning:

hello …

can i use orginal picture ??

I mean that :

this is me befor 7 year in the home … taken by my father .
can i use it for character of human and change colore …delet child … draw hanss and anotehr body ???

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?threadid=627003
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showpost.php?p=5124810&postcount=6

Hi

Can I change the category?I start in group Video but my team break up so can I continue in Image?

Just wonderin’… can I add a short storyline/dialogue with my final entry pic, and/or is that the proper place? Don’t want to give away the ‘twist’ in the WIP just yet.

Dragneye: Yep

Ahmed-Almuqbali: Yes

nwiz25: Oh, I see. Is it possible to work with just those filters in 16-bits, then flatten the image into one layer, switch back to 8-bit, and finish the job? Perhaps even if it’s 16 bits for some of the process, it’ll help the quality?

hi Robert, i guess i’ll have to see how the final image will turn out with an 8 bit channel … hope those dreaded bands don’t show :cry:
thanks a million for your help! :slight_smile: will let you know about it soon …

It says that the final resolution of print artwork has to be done using FTP.
What’s FTP?

Thanks Mibus for the answer, about the extension that other people talk, that would be nice if happen:D

My Uplift Universe