free maya 5?

maya is giving 5 for free educational use here

thats just the crappy PLE version that has allways been available.

really, i didnt really read about it, i just can across it.

no Mray…:annoyed:

It’s not so crappy if you can’t drop $3500 down for Max or $7,000 down for Maya. So crappy is relative.

Emmortal

Originally posted by Emmortal1
[B]It’s not so crappy if you can’t drop $3500 down for Max or $7,000 down for Maya. So crappy is relative.

Emmortal [/B]

Or around $1500 for Lightwave 3D :slight_smile:

Originally posted by wgreenlee1
no Mray…:annoyed:

download xsi exp than.

I dont know why anyone would want to download maya PLE with its obstructive watermarks while softimage and side fx have incredibly better ple versions.

[B]It’s not so crappy if you can’t drop $3500 down for Max or $7,000 down for Maya. So crappy is relative.

Emmortal [/B]

Maya Complete costs $1,999…

Emmortal [/B]

you can get maya complete for 2000$, or the student version for 500$ (no watermarks, fully featured), or get houdini apprentice with no watermarks, or XSI EXP with limited watermarks…or get a student version of softimage|XSI, 3dsmax, lightwave, etc.

why download something like xsi when i havent paid for all the stuff i have now?
im so in dept with software that i barely make money to begin with that thoughts of xsi are so remote its not even funny…
yeah,i mean i like xsi but i was thinking no mray for the first time users of maya thats all…
i mean it would help to get newbies intrested in maya if they included mray with ple
watermarks and stuff dont bother me…
im thinking of alias offering a realy good version of maya and without mray they arent losing out on everything but it would sweeten the pie for prospect buyers of maya…
its still a ton of fun but come on…mray roxxx!!!lol

oh well back to fanboy lurking mode…lol

I must agree that I find the watermarks on the Maya PLE viewports somewhat obtrusive (and kinda unnecessary in the grand scheme of things), but hey, it’s one way to learn a great program :slight_smile:

The thing I could never get my head round is why everyone and all the news sites make a big hoohar about the Maya PLE. Its not a personal learning edition, its a demo version. The same demo versions of all sorts of software which has been released for years.

Maybe Adobe will release Photoshop PLE… it’s not a demo with watermarks, no plugins and an obscure file format, oh no, its a learning edition…

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.