free material library for all

Bmud:

A friend of mine is running his own web services, and provides server space for $12/mo & 500mb (for example).

how about you spot me 12 chops a month… or… ask your friend for some free space. :thumbsup:

toddy333: send that sucker… booie@visualboo.com

TheCaptn: sorry dude. I can’t support all versions.

As I read the text file included in the zip with the shader I realize that the shader is 99% complete. It only needs a inlarged bump map texture? I think. But defenitly not much work at all is needed. Anyway, I sent it. Thanks again.

Is there any way I can make them R3 compatible and send them back to you? I’m happy to give it a shot, I just dunno if it’s possible.

Originally posted by TheCaptn
[B]I don’t suppose there’s anything anyone can do for us poor saps who’re gonna be stuck using MAX R3.1 for the next, oh, 50 years or so… :wink:

I tried the Max 4 matlib just in case, but it doesn’t work. I’m just left with an empty map browser.

Thanks anyway… Some of those procedurals are stunning (ice… amazing).
I had no idea you could do so much with them. I’ve always relied on photoshopped maps.

On a side note, anyone know of some good tut’s on making procedurals so I can have a crack at making my own? [/B]

You can try SimbiontMAX (I believe it works with max 3). http://www.darksim.com/html/simbiontmax.html

I’ve got two that I worked on the first being a variation of neil blevins alien slim… not sure if you guys what this seeing as its not that much different from Neil Blevins version:

the second one I came up with as a result of seeing veiny skin texture on a website ad wanted to make my own with proceedurals, not sure if you want this one… still in need of some work… it requires blur’s electric plugin

Sir Eel: Send’em both. booie@visualboo.com

howdy folks !
just stumbled on this thread, i’ve had some fun with shaders too when i discovered Neil Blevin’s tut too :stuck_out_tongue:
here are a couple shots tell me if those shaders are of any interest (i think they’re all procedural-based - have to check the files, though).

mouj

there’s a couple ones …
(sorry don’t know how to attach multiples images in one thread)

another one…

one more …

and a last one for the sake of it : )

Ho my G-d, those are the funkiest ever !!! send them to Visualboo quick i want to play !!

hehe… those look interesting.

Please send to booie@visualboo.com

Lovely, the last few mats are looking amazing I really wonder how you did them. Cant wait for them to be added!

howdy ! thanks and sorry for the delay, i have to look for them in my old files :rolleyes:
but it’s coming !
if i remember well it’s a mix of procedurals maps, falloffs and probably a base bitmap… i’m quite sure that they all came from Neil’s tutorial, derived and tweaked…

as soon as i have them and collect all that’s needed to use them they’ll be in your mail, Visualboo :slight_smile:

(actually now i’d like to find them back to use them too !!)

mouj

Okay, okay… I feel dumb. I’ll redo mine with just procedurals instead of those bitmaps I was using.

Hmm, interesting things, when the metirial package will be updated visualboo?

Sorry guys… I’m waiting for Mouj to send his.

:wip:
:eek:

Originally posted by Zlemr
Ive created two materials that i’d like to share, however i dont exactly know how to ‘export’ them 'cause ive never done that before so a little help would be much appreciated…

were they actually so bad? no help at all?