FN Minimi Mk3 [game-res model]

This is a little something I’ve been working on. At this point it is almost complete so I’m not sure if there is any point to posting it in the WIP section. Anyway, just in case there is some last-minute feedback, here it goes:

It has been modeled mostly in 3ds Max, minus the soft parts of the ammo box, which were made in Zbrush. Baking and texturing in Substance Painter and rendering in marmoset Toolbag.

A couple of wireframe shots:

And finally, the high-poly model:

Looks pretty solid to me:D

Looks realistic! Keep it up!
Doesn’t look so high poly on grid images while it is more than 2 mil polys on max screenshots. Did you use some kind of retopology?

Hey Michael, thank you very much! :slight_smile: There are still some minor tweaks I want to make to the textures but I haven’t had much time lately. I recently moved to another city and I’m still not 100% settled down.

To answer your question, the white renders correspond to the high-poly model which, as the screenshots reveal, is made up of several million polys. The final model is less than 20,000 that’s why you see so few polys in the wireframe renders. I baked down the high-poly detail as a normal map onto the final low-poly model.

What did you use for baking?

I did the bakes in Substance Painter.

looks great, well done!

That modelling is so clean ! nice work

Thank you! :slight_smile: