Flowing geometry along a 3d scanned object

Hello!

I was wondering if someone could help me determine what workflow is most advisable to achieve the following project. I would like to flow a simple surface (a strip with minimal thickness) along the surface of a 3d scanned object. The simple surface will need to maintain very specific dimensions (length and width) even as it flows along the shape of the 3D scanned object. The end goal of the project is to then take that simple surface that now follows a specific shape and 3d print it. It is worth noting the scanned object will not be very complex, just a scan of a raised protruding surface that I need to fit snugly with the 3d print exactly. Below are some reference images to illustrate my point. (the scanned object will not be as detailed as a face scan but I thought these images would help demonstrate the idea)

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

I have a complex way of thinking about things so this may seem overthought…

Step #1 :
Case #1 :
Draw a spline on your scanned object (Sketch Spline, Enable Snap, 3D Snap, Polygon Snap)
Case #2 :
If you have a procedural spline then make it editable and project it on your scanned object (Surface Deformer or Project Object from Tools Menu)
Case #3 :
If you have a polygonal “flowing” object then project it on your scanned object (Project Mesh from the Sculpting menu or Project Object from Tools Menu)

Step #2 :
If you are on Case #1 or Case #2 from Step #1 :
Use a Sweep NURB.
If you are on Case #3 got o Step #3.

Step #3
Case #1.3 If your printed object needs to be one single print then put all objects under the Volume and Mesh Object , and export.
Case #2.3 If your printed object has to have the “flow” object as a separate object then :
Case #1.2.3 Just take a brush (a real one) and paint the “flow” object a different color
Case #2.2.3 Make sure your projected splines/objects have a slight offset from the surface. When put under the Volume Object make the scanned object Substract. Now you have only the “flow” object to print. (not recommended)