Hey, just thought about sharing this, since I was swimming in forums and couldn’t find an answer…
I was rigging a character, the face in particular which obviously took a while, and then I noticed that when animating (the geometry) the UV’s got all screwed up, probably because when I was UVing I used the automatic mapping (can’t think of another reason…)
so I tried deleting history which of cores deleted the rig, then tried deleting only the non-deformer history - which did fix the UV problem, but all the cluster work was destroyed as well - and there was really some complex stuff there.
so the work around was actually quite simple - all you need to do is duplicate the base mesh, delete history and freeze trans. for the DUPLICATED mesh;
then simply warp-deform to the original (screwed animated uv’s) one, checking in the options for exclusive bind and auto-weight threshold.
then just hide the original - problem fixed.