I searched for the solution, but all I found is that we have to use the polyop.getElementsUsingFace() function.
I tried to store all the elements into an array:
currentElement = #() elementsArr = #(currentElement) for i = 1 to $.getNumFaces() do( currentElement = (polyop.getElementsUsingFace $ i as array) -- print currentElement for o = 1 to elementsArr.count do( if (findItem elementsArr[o] currentElement) == 0 then( append elementsArr currentElement ) else( exit ) ) )
this runns an endless loop…
strange things for me I remarked are, that if you enable the “print currentElement”, it doesn’t print an array. only a number. doing this afterwards it prints an array.
I also tried to add a loop that runs trough each item in the currentElement, so finditem searches for a variable, not an array, but somehow this ended up again in an endless loop, but didn’t do what I want.
I hope somebody can help with that.