Fibermesh to maya curves (script)

Sounds like you forgot to download and put the script in the scripts folder.
Usually the script folder, for windows 7 users, is here:
C:\Users[i]yourAccount[/i]\Documents\maya\scripts

Let me know :wink:

Hey trashtalk, I should have followed your suggestion.

EDIT:
I just added a small feature to the script: select only the guides close to the vertices of a mesh or a nurbs surface.
This is useful if you want to filter only guides that are close to the vertices of the scalp.
I found it nice to have a better distribution of the guides, if you want to keep a low number of them. Sometimes I subdivide the scalp mesh once to obtain a higher number of vertices as sample.

[QUOTE=BluEgo]Sounds like you forgot to download and put the script in the scripts folder.
Usually the script folder, for windows 7 users, is here:
C:\Users[i]yourAccount[/i]\Documents\maya\scripts

Let me know :wink:

after i tried for many hours trying and trying, the script works already… thanks alot for the script. :slight_smile:

however i have a question, i selected my hair system then go to nHair> paint hair follicles option box,
do u know why the paint mode and follicle attribute is grayed out?

Not totally sure what’s happening, as I don’t have maya 2013 installed.
I can only suppose that nhair, as ncloth, has its own panel and tools, different from classic hair: so, if you try to paint nhair follicles over classic hair, you can’t.
But as I said, I could be totally wrong :slight_smile:

Another thing I can think about, is that maybe you have nhair in scene, but it’s not attached to a “scalp” mesh. Check if the hair guides follow the base mesh.

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.