Female figure WIP (Nudity)

This is my third attempt at this and has driven me crazy over the last few years, I don’t think I have ever tried to do anything else that is so blasted difficult, still I feel if I can pull this figure off I can do anything.
I am determined to get this thing deforming naturally anyway and have started in here this time with the shoulders (one of the areas that caused me to give up with the last model), and sorry for getting a bit carried away with other features as well (I’ll pull them back a bit later), slowly though I feel I am finally getting somewhere this thing.
If you guys can see anything at this point that’s not quite I’d appreciate your comments/suggestions.

Cheers

man, its awesome :eek:. really good modeling and deforming great. i’m impressed coz its hard enough to model realistic anatomy, but its even harder to get it deformed naturally.
i looked very carefully to see if anything was a problem in deformation, as u asked, and i saw nothing but a few details. since its hard to explain in english for me, i’ll post images to describe what i mean. but its just little details.

oki, here are the pics.

first, the area in your pic. the green dots are placed where i have the impression the deformation is a bit “off”.
the yellow arrow points were its maybe a bit too “hollow”.

image didnt show

now, 2 refpics, as comparison :

and 2

but its just lil details, and i may see wrong coz of the angle.
as i said, your mesh is awesome, i’m very interested to see it continued ! keep us updated :slight_smile:

Hmmm see what you mean, and no disputing the reference, I can see this really is going to drive me nuts. Thanks for taking the time on this reply by the way that sort of critic really helps.

cheers.

Her pits seem really deep. Pits as in arm pits… its not a typo.

This is really good work flyingP. I don’t think the current deformation is necessarily wrong, but it represents a much more muscular figure than the one in the images posted by Deestrakt. I do agree the pits are a little too deep though.

Building and skinning a properly deforming shoulder joint is definitely one of the biggest challenges in CG, IMO. As I understand it, many studios will use several different models and/or rigs to accomodate the extreme poses.

Originally posted by AdamT
[B]This is really good work flyingP. I don’t think the current deformation is necessarily wrong, but it represents a much more muscular figure than the one in the images posted by Deestrakt. I do agree the pits are a little too deep though.

Building and skinning a properly deforming shoulder joint is definitely one of the biggest challenges in CG, IMO. As I understand it, many studios will use several different models and/or rigs to accomodate the extreme poses. [/B]

Yep, they are deep I’m working on an update, just could take a bit, got a few other things to do at the moment, and there are just a few points to move there. I think I should manage to get pretty close with this though, although yes shoulder joints really are a killer, that and backsides.

it think youre pretty close here buddy and i can see where the frustration would set in.
my thoughts are that the actual breasts seem a little low and more silicone looking (eg stuck on feel to them…to spherical). the first image top left relaxed is fine…but the one on the right with both arms stretched upwards i would expect more upwards pull on the sides of each breast and maybe more flattening spread. the breast deforming slightly more on the chest as a result of muscle stretch.
the influence is particularly marked when only one arm is raised…

all this said it is very impressive as it stands now.
keep up the work flyingp cos it will be worth it.

Originally posted by flingster
[B]it think youre pretty close here buddy and i can see where the frustration would set in.
my thoughts are that the actual breasts seem a little low and more silicone looking (eg stuck on feel to them…to spherical). the first image top left relaxed is fine…but the one on the right with both arms stretched upwards i would expect more upwards pull on the sides of each breast and maybe more flattening spread. the breast deforming slightly more on the chest as a result of muscle stretch.
the influence is particularly marked when only one arm is raised…

all this said it is very impressive as it stands now.
keep up the work flyingp cos it will be worth it. [/B]

Thanks for the reply flingster, to be honest I haven’t really concentrated that much on the breasts so far and there is only a very rough rigging in this set up at the moment, I’m more concerned that the shoulder is deforming as well as it can before I get too far with the rest, no doubt there will be a need for the odd muscle bone here and there to get things working better, I’ll certainly keep your suggestions in mind though.

cheers.

Originally posted by flyingP
Thanks for the reply flingster, to be honest I haven’t really concentrated that much on the breasts so far

Ah, more of an armpit man eh? :slight_smile:

ok didn’t realise this…makes sense.

AdamT : so when ya get home and the wife asks you “hi honey what did you do all day”…"oooh this and that…modelled a few armpits!!! heh heh… its tough work if you can get it.:eek:

its entirely possible that the pit is not too deep just the area behind the pit is too built up. Its been too long since I really studied anatomy so I could not really tell you the name of this muscle.

Anyway the chick looks like her backis quite manly, almost no women have such a dominant back muscle showing when the raise their arms. anyway uber sweet keep up the great work.

@ Adam & flingster, actually I work from home guys and my wife is also at home at the moment on holiday so I have to come up with some excuse when she’s looking over my shoulder.

@ JIII, the guys were right, it was too deep and she probably looks a bit muscular because I am trying to concentrate (roughly) on the anatomy i.e. where the muscles are and how they should be working, tends to have the effect that they get a bit exagerated (like the breasts) might see what I can do about that later. There are a number of muscles in that area by the way, actually the whole blasted shoulder is one complicated mess of muscle.

Still working on an update, armpits really are not that easy it would seem.

Cheers

very nice (nette hingucker). Do you want to obtain
a Manga look ? Reminds me somehow on “Ghost in
the Shell”. If the rest has the same quality than it
will be a great model. Not sure about the deformations.
Never came so long myself. But for sure the shoulder
joint is one of the most difficult areas.

keep on

Bob

Originally posted by bobtronic
very nice (nette hingucker). Do you want to obtain
a Manga look ?
Bob

heh heh, Danke Bob. Manga look?.. can’t say it was planned at the moment.

Any way here is an update, and personally the more I look at it the more I feel flingster was right with the breasts, and I might just try setting up a muscle bone next out of interest to get them pulling roughly in the right direction, at the moment they are perhaps making the rest look a bit odd.

Cheers

What I like to know is how many bones do you use
for the shoulder joint ? Do you use Claude Bonet for
weighting or several weightmaps ?

Bob

Those shoulders and chest are beautiful.
The boobs, however look like they are attached to the body much lower than they should be. They have a much different look (didnt want to say “feel” :slight_smile: ) to them in terms of accuracy then the chest and arms above them. But, that could just be a stylistic thing.

Also, the pecs should pull the breasts up with it iduring the arm raise.