Far and Away, Stanislav Klabik (3D)

Thanks for your point of view, now I am not a thief, I appreciate it, because nobody defended me, only one I think.

I do agree however that this image is under your normal standard – I am used to see your amazing works that I really admire.

No offense, i don´t want to sound harsh or rude but Am I condemned to do works like Lobo to the end of my life? I hope so not. As I see I set my standards really high and now receive “bad” words for it.

And yet again you think i’m attacking you, that was um… expected.

Actually no, please do change the camera angle, lighting set-up, and put a baseball cap on him, because then i wouldn’t of mentioned how close it was to the photo.

Please read carefully “Seriously, this is a great piece” “Great work, great modeling, unbelievable patience on the cloth”

And I will say it again. “wow, droolz, awsome man”

“No offense, i don´t want to sound harsh or rude but Am I condemned to do works like Lobo to the end of my life? I hope so not. As I see I set my standards really high and now receive “bad” words for it.”

Every artist should know, in the great words of a great teacher " if you can create something once, you can create it again better, all works post will shadow all work before"

14 months on a pic… wow

No I don´t think you attacked me, you only said your opinion which is totally different from mine.

“wow, droolz, awsome man” Please, I am not big fun of irony or sarkasm in these cases.

14 months on a pic -yeah, my Lobo picture tooks me about 14 months

I wanted to make a compliment, maybe my English is not so good. :slight_smile:
Relax, I received worse comments for the same old man, but I’m here again and still alive!

I think you are on the right track, even your Batman for me was awards.

Common:), I ppreciate your comment, really good to hear that my standard is high and you like my works, but on the other hand I am a bit sad, because every next picture must be better than Lobo for example, but I want to do “simple” pictures and scenes too. But realyl thanks you, appreciate it.

The best thing we can do now is stop this useless discussion, I am really tired, not strong enough to defend my opinions and point of view anymore.

Best Luck to all and farewell

Ok I don’t want all that mess ,I first saw the pic of Giuseppe on CG Gallery 8 months ago and it was really a good work I don’t even think , there was a model .
So that’s why I was so surprise .
I’m still surprise , it is so close .
And I apologize again .
The only thing I could say now is that from the same picture you really did , both of you , a wonderful work .

great, great work… and like ome people said before, the clothes are greatly done…

Congratulations!

I agree with you. Mentioning that someone has used the same reference photo as you is irrelevant to constructive criticism. You were creating this piece for you, not anyone else, and you just felt like showcasing it. Criticism for your work should be on how to improve the piece, not on improving your decisions for creating the piece.

Hi slayer

I had a big problem with Giuseppe’s original image so its nice to see that the time has been taken to sculpt most of the detail and not use photomapping techniques. I agree the clothes are fantastic and the image is technically really good. The model is superior as it has more depth and life, especially in the eyes.

Personally i think you should have added a bit more to the image rather than recreating the photo that is very similar to Giuseppe’s image. As fx has mentioned, even a subtle change of expression would have made all the difference. I also have to agree that your batman image is awesome and suprised that you didnt recieve a cgtalk award.

This old fella is really becoming a star, maybe its not the last we’ll see of him.

steve

The head cover and scarf modeling took away 20 sec of my breath. Nicely done!

I just want to say and agree with liquidminduk and scala about the comments. Why you need so many woah, wow, amazing, beautifle…etc? More important is the critics than compliments. And nobody attack you man. So do your job and do it good as always. Maybe some uniqe model to show will be better. Anyway good job.

Wonderful job!!!

…but Lobo is unsurpassable!:love:

Hello SlayerCZ

I will be about criticizing your work, although I recognize that after all that said in this thread is makes it a little difficult, in this respect I remind to all the difficult one that it is in some cases to show a work and this kind of forums they are exactly for that, if the artist that publish something feels offended, is obvious that the critic was not well made.

Mine are the following ones: I don’t like the background it is very blurring, becomes unstuck much of the model 3d, there is still something metallic in the skin, but in general without having details the exercise completed it excellent, I congratulate you.

PS. Sorry for my English.

Hah! I think all this grumble is a compliment for you because you achieve this point in which peoples don’t believe it is 3D. It is scarry to me just imagine what is your next work will be. 5 stars, nothing more to say.
P.S. My advice: don’t listen to any indeterminate positions. As Russian say: ‘It is easy to hurt artists feelings’.

great work 5star

The lighting is magnificent, setting realistic and character is completely and utterly believable. Very good.

I don’t understand the reasons of all this chritics.

This is a REAL 3d work, with a REAL skill of the artist who created this stuff.
Nothing like easy photomapping.

Great work Stanislav, or Slayer.

I can see arts of inredible beauty in your portfolio (I love Lobo :slight_smile: ), and I cannot understand the reason why you are not have been awarded yet.

Hope to see some your new work soon :wink:

5* from me.

Still loving this image - great work!
-Lew

very lovely

regards

omfg , its incredible , you know that anyway. thats breathtaking attention to detail man. only difference between the reference and the render is the haircut makes it different.
the clothes are simply perfect, modeling is just amazing