F/A-18 Hornet

more renders!
its almost finished (the ouside) i guess its only missing details now, like cannon gun holes pylon details, refuel probe and ladder.
then i’ll start the inside parts, like landing gear, cockpit, seat, gear/brake wells, etc etc

i just cant set up a good scene, guess ill have to change my materials, but i prefer modeling with the standard max shader with different colors, so lame renders until i finish my model

C&C if you want to. i tried to keep the geometry as clean as possible, but that plus micro chamfering for the hard edges doesnt go well, so i have some lame bumps all over the fuselage, where i extracted parts, because i didnt want to apply one or two levels of subdivisions into my mesh. i’ll try to optimize it once i finish.

hope you like

(landing gear is just a place holder, ill model a better one later)

Looking good so far. It’s a nice bird to model I think, both tricky and very easy parts if you want to do it a 99.9% correctly :slight_smile:

Cobra 6

Very nice attention to the details, I love it :slight_smile: Looks like a very clean and accurate mesh to me.
Can’t wait to see the progress!

Cheers
Andre

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.