Extrude/ Loft along 4 curves

Hi, I’d really appreciate some help on this… deadline approaching.

Previously i had a set up with a nurbs curve (square) as a profile curve and four curves, coming from each of it’s corners, forming a trail along which the square could extrude. The result was an extrude which follows the corners exactly. I did it using a loft, which generated 4 subcurves which i was able to use to animate the extrude precisely, rather than just the usual single /double curve extrude which was causing problems.

I’ve tried every possible setting and i cannot recreate the original set up- the lofts always cave in on themselves. If anyone can help me with this i’d be EXTREMELY grateful.

Is there some setting i’ve missed? Do i need to prepare the curves before lofting in some way?

thanks

I always seem to solve these problems as soon as i post them! You don’t need a profile curve. Just use the corner curves, and animate all four subcurves simultaneously for the extrude.

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.