Expresso like Motionbuilder?

Hi I am sure that some of you who are also use motionbuilder know how easy is to set up woble effects with the “Damping 3d” node and the relations constrain, (I know we have soft IK and very good it is!).

I wonder though if anyone has managed to recreate this with expresso. I have not gone past the thinking about it stage. Somehow I have the feeling that it should be faster with expresso than soft Ik. Be interesting to hear from anyone who has any ideas.

By the way, I would propose to start an Expresso sticky to drop expresions that we can all share. I have a few I would be happy to share and I am sure there would be quite a few other kind souls out there (Shrek has already done quite a few on his site).

this kind of works. The follower does arrive later to create the delay/woble effect but it does not update smoothly in the viewer.

Have you played with darf’s inertia node, seems to do what you want.

Peter

—its based on some coffe of a helful guy from the german forum and works pretty good, not only for antennas.

Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

—its based on some coffe of a helful guy from the german forum and works pretty good, not only for antennas.
Attached FilesAntenna.zip (6.6 KB, 8 views)

what file format is this. It unzips with no file extension

add .zip to the file without extension and unzip it again

–it should contain an antenna.c4d inside the.zip—

Olli

add .zip to the file without extension and unzip it again

Thanks oli, I had to do what Siddhy said and it works ok. I will try to take this appart and see how it works thanks.

By the way, my set up above works pretty well if anyone wants to test it. You just need to add the same expression down the hierarchy and you get an nice inertia effect down the line.

It actually comes from my old Flash days of motion graphics

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.