Escape Plan B, Michael Dashow (2D)

Title: Escape Plan B
Name: Michael Dashow
Software: 3ds max, Photoshop

Hi, all! I was inelligible to win any prizes in the Steampunk CGChallenge as I am a judge, but I worked on this piece for the challenge anyhow: I love getting feedback from folks and “hanging out with” friends during the Challenges, and who wouldn’t want a steampunk piece in their portfolio?

I built some base geometry for the mechanical bits in 3DS Max, but did all of the paint and color-work in Photoshop.

Oh, and if anyone’s interested in seeing the steps to the creation of this piece, you can follow the very long Challenge thread here: http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=278&t=697413&page=1&pp=50

Well done! The banana peel gag just doesnt get old!

well done :slight_smile:

tho my first thought was: “where’s the bloody monkey?” :smiley:

the sky, motorbike and that guys are outstanding rendered

whole nice piece!
well done!

Glad you enjoyed the WIP phase. And I hope you enjoy the judging phase soon! (There’s like what, 1000 entries to view? evil grin)

Jack, why do you think I was in such a rush to finish this before the deadline when I wasn’t submitting it? I’m going to be slammed with the judging for a while to come! :slight_smile:

Anyhow, thanks to everyone for the kind words!

Hi Walrus!
Very very very nice work!!!
Love composition, design, render colors…well done
Congratzzz

Good luck for the challenge :wink:

nice work!!!

WOW.
Im sure the fact that you cant submit is of great relief to those who are aspiring to place in this contest.
SImply remarkable.

I love this! Awesome composition and I really like how they are fending off a giant robot by throwing bananas! Shows that a sense of humor in paintings is always good.

Nice!

This one is money!

:slight_smile: Sweet :slight_smile: love the bananas :slight_smile:

regards

wow,its amazing how that girl manage to munch so many bananas,looks very good overall,the composition as well as the execution!good luck being one of the judge:)like what u have mention,i might do one of this steampunk piece in addition to my folio.

Very nice illustration!

ive been watching this piece since it started and yuve come up a long way to get to this phaze and rly made a fantastic job on this one :beer: :thumbsup:

Fabulous work man! Love the style and details! Looks like something a really cool cartoon could be made out of.

Wowzas! Lol, This image is awesome!:beer:

Amazing work! Love the camera angle.

Very Lovely illustration~!!!

Nice job, plugged.