ePMV and C4D R18 Mac

Is ePMV compatible with Cinema 4D R18 on the Mac? (I know there is a Windows version). It used to work fine in R17

I have had a lot of problems getting it to work in 18.When I need it I open my R16 or 17 version of c4d and that stiill works fine. You can contact the developer Graham Johnson on the website–he’s usually pretty responsive.

Joel: Thanks! That’s what I had feared. I had deleted my r17 when I got my new iMac. I’ll try to contact him.

It could just be an installation issue or a version thing. I know one of our guys did get it working in R18. I just havent had any luck

Deleted initial remark because I had names mixed up.

It works fine here; just make sure you have installed X11 ( https://www.xquartz.org/), which is required for some parts of the PMV core.

It’s unfortunately easy to forget that X11 is required…

It works! I missed that Quartz X11 was part of the installation. This is the second time that you have been extremely helpful. Thank you!!

BTW, I just got someone turned on to your NeuronBuild over at C4D Cafe and she loves it.

Don Ross

In my case–I had x11 installed, and the other plugin installs I have work.
ePMV loads but gets crashy or hangs when trying to load a pdb in R18.

Probably something I did wrong in the install if no one else is having issues.

I am finding that if I work with small to medium molecules like 3QQT, all is well and gorgeous molecules are constructed. But when I go with big ones like the nanotubule 3J9R.cif it locks up C4D and I have 32 Gb ram but it did have over 103,900 atoms.

The Cystic Fibrosis Transmembrane Receptor with 9227 atoms just worked fine.

As it turns out, what I was calling a lock up was lack of patience on my part. I gave 3J9R 20 minutes undisturbed to render in the viewport and I got a beautiful 103,900 atom molecule. Atoms take way longer than ribbons.

Hey there, I am having trouble to properly show ribbon representation for the PDBs I have saved from PyMol. They look like coil.

If I fetch from PDB ID it looks fine.

I tried both windows and mac versions on C4D R18 and R16 respectively with no luck.

I need to use molecule files extracted from PyMol since I superimpose the positions of certain molecules and I need this positions as I made them.

Does anyone face the similar problem or have a solution?

Thanks in advance.

Try joining this group

The fellow who created ePMV frequents there and most members use the plugin.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/sci-med-c4d

You are likely to get an answer there if you dont get one here.

Thanks, I applied to join. I also e-mailed Graham J. So, hopefully someone can help.

There’s also a preference checkbox setting in ePMV that allows PDBs to come in not at world center. Maybe that could help.