Eon (Trailer) Entry: Emiliano Colantoni

Damn, that’s impressive. Really nice work on the Olmy-shot!

I didn’t really follow the challenge but I just have seen all your videos. Huge work and some really impressive. like soecially your light works.
:thumbsup:

:slight_smile: Just kidding. You still have the next coolest trailer on the go, see you on the finishing line guys. Seriously speaking, you have done a marvelus job so far. Good luck!

/peter

LOL coolkonrad!!! Thank you and anyone else: great to hear you like this stuff.

This is our music and sfx track, but is still a wip: something will be completed, something will be totally replaced…the final theme will be almost surely revised. We hope you like it. C&C are welcome : )

Play Video >>

Its hard to tell without visuals… but it sounds awesome! :bounce:

Hi everybody ! This is our take on Patricia as she wonders what’s happening in the sky…

Play Video >>

Aw-mi-gaud! :surprised This … is … this is … you guys are mad in a big way!!!
Only one word describes what you are doing : Professional

When is your next film coming to the big screen? This summer? :applause: !! Rock on !! :buttrock:

Music and SFX are sounding good. It seems like a long pause in the middle without any sound at all, but I’m sure it will make sense when put together with the visuals. That shot of the eye looks great too. I love the whole setup with the refelection. Nicely done.

Just a few more days now, and then sleep! :scream:

ThE-ShiFT - well done, everything looks just perfect and really professional.
I think you will show us some more shots from your work progress, it’s interesting see how you do trailer:twisted:

So, keep on.

Hi everybody out there! This is our trailer in it’s almost definitive version,
also talking about the soundtrack. We are going to use the remaining days for cleanup and fine tuning.
Something that still isn’t present are the subtitles and we are thinking whether inserting or not some other cut that for now has been removed.
We need feedback and comments, expecially talking about storyteling, as we want ( in the limits of feasibility ) to fix those issues that maybe we’re missing. Thank you all in advance for this.

Play Video >>

Sorry, double post! Plz Check the previous one!

First off, that is absolutely fantastic work! When I look at what your team has acheived in the past three and a half months, I’m extremely impressed. Great job! Simply outstanding!

There’s definitely a lot to like. I thought the soundtrack and SFX fit perfectly. Good overall pacing, and some nice change-ups between faster more frantic stuff and slower parts as well. I loved Olmy’s voice. It actually feels like a real trailer, like I’d expect to find it on the Apple website or something. I think that’s the best compliment I can give an entry in a contest like this.

You asked for feedback, so I’ll throw in my two cents for what it’s worth. Just my own opinion, so use what is helpful and ignore the rest. :slight_smile: Here’s a few thoughts on some possible adjustments:

1. You mentioned subtitles; that would be great if you have time to put them in (for us English-only speaker types).

2. The countdown for the launch sequence is in English while everything else at that point is in Russian (?) (I’m guessing here :slight_smile: ). It seems to me that having the countdown in Russian would provide greater continuity. I don’t even think you’d need to subtitle that; I’m sure it would be obvious what’s being said.

3. After the shot where they’re at the entrance to the Stone, when the astronaut/cosmonaut with the great helmet job and the lights on his back walks past (around the 39 second mark), for some reason I keep wanting to hear his footsteps or something from that particular environment. From what I can tell it’s strictly soundtrack/SFX at that point, but I wonder if maybe a little bit of foley would work in there as well. Just personal taste on that one.

The same with the shot of Patricia walking in that long corridor when we see her back. I think some echoing footsteps or crunching of gravel (since the soundtrack is really low at that point) could possibly add to the atmosphere.

1. The volume of Patricia’s narration in particular could perhaps be increased just slightly. I understood her well enough, but felt she was competing with the soundtrack a little (I’ve said the same on a couple of other trailers as well, so maybe it’s just my speakers :scream: ).

2. When the Frant drops down behind the guy holding the pistol, he seems to land rather hard (i.e. there’s not much bounce in his landing; he almost seems to stop short). I might have expected just a bit more of a bounce as he hits and recoils back upwards a bit. I know there’s some, but I found it almost imprerceptible.

3. This one is going to seem really picky, but at the end of the shot where the Frant throws the soldier aside, his chin/head seems to be slightly up. But in the shot following Olmy when the Frant then turns and faces the camera, his chin/head seems to be down again. I had to watch it through six or seven times to figure that out, and I’m still not a hundred percent sure I’m seeing it right, but it looks that way. Anyway, like I said, that’s being very picky. :slight_smile:

And that’s about it. Hopefully there’s something useful in there.

And again, great trailer. Just my opinion, but I think this one is a very strong contender for one of the prizes, quite possibly first place. Great job!!! :thumbsup:

It’s amazing!
Congratuation!
Now? my question about plasma and lighting effects at the final part od the trailer.
After FX plugin or particles from MAX ?

I just had to pick up my jaw from the floor and glue it on again before being able to comment.

Your shots have been amazing from the start, but the trailer itself…WOW!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I think that, if you have time, subtitles for the parts in Russian would be a great addition.

The countdown in English doesn’t bother me. If I’m not mistaken, most of the world’s space agencies do use English…same with Patricia’s narrative, on my machine I hear her clearly above the soundtrack.

And that’s about it for me…

Wait, not quite, one question, really…

…When does the movie come out?

I love the scene with the murder of the soldier. The actors play great! The trailer is very good!
I have some question about the music - is it recorded specialy for the trailer? Because it is maded in acoustic studio.

Simply amazing work - as others have said it almost feels like a “Real” trailer. Bravo.

As for feedback, well, there isn’t really that much I can crit at all. Only two minor points as far as I can see.

1. The Frant seems VERY solid. When it drops down it seems to land like a solid object like a statue or a block, not something organic; there’s no real feel of give in the legs I guess.

2. at around the 55 second mark, the Russian in the red suit (Mirsky?) seems to float slightly against the vehicles in the background - his motion doesn’t QUITE agree with the backdrop - but the discrepancy is really tiny and may just be my eyes. I’ve watched it several times and I THINK I can see it if you follow me.

I hope you’re proud of your work. You should be!

Wow, I’ve said it before, but here is the winner :slight_smile: nothing to critique about this at all, it looks like a very polished and professional work, which of course it is.

I’d liked to have seen some scenes that show the sheer scale of the inner of the Stone, but the trailer doesn’t need it for it’s effectiveness. A terrific job all round guys, well done to you all.

I think the trailer is very good! Is the music and the chorus recorded for it?

Everything is perfect but music is louder than speech. Except this, everything is OK. I think your trailer will be in winners list.

Good luck.