Eon (Trailer) Entry: Alpo Oksaharju

Heads up :slight_smile: Some of the character facial geometry. polymodelled using various mix and match photo reference, to get the right persona for the characters. More detailed description (wireframe ect.)coming up with Patricia character.

Frant geometry. The Frant will be shown from the waist down, so the legs are not finished.

EXCELLENT!

Damn good characteristic on the faces!
Lanier char looks kinda familiar i.e. the AOK :smiley: ,no?
Loking forward to see Patricia model.

Hey AOK that Frant is realy cool !! And the ships are really nice too!! Only thing we comment on Frant is about his feet: as they’re now it seems as he can’t stay up.
Can’t wait to see more! Keep up the good work :thumbsup: and good luck!

ThE-ShiFT team

Thanks man, Legs of the frant aren´t too well modelled because they don´t show in the final shot, so now they look like a pack of sausages. And your right he can´t stand up, with those legs, but it doen´t matter. I like your frant design very much too especially the head, absolutely cool design!!

Nice work on the head modelling. And the Frant looks cool! How much rigging will you need to do for him?

Software: 3ds max

Long time no post :slight_smile: Extremely busy getting everything done, but here is an animated (primary animation, no secondary) version of the whole thing with first version scoretrack and final voicetrack. The score is a theme version only, so no instruments and dynamics are present. We are currently in furnishing, texturing and lighting the scenes. The animation will go through a revisit once we get everything ready for rendering.

Play Video >>

Oh I almost forgot to mention :slight_smile: The music is composed by our fourth team member Max Lilja who is a friend of ours and a great musican.

Nice work on the head modelling. And the Frant looks cool! How much rigging will you need to do for him?

Thanks, we used CAT and simple biped rigs.

Damn good characteristic on the faces!
Lanier char looks kinda familiar i.e. the AOK :smiley: ,no?
Loking forward to see Patricia model.

Your too kind :slight_smile: . There is a bit of the AOK in there, we used our own photos as partial references. Patricia is almost “in full makeup” :slight_smile: and I’ll post images after christmas.

more constructive critique is most welcome.

Good animatic, lots of textures to do now :slight_smile:
/peter
EON FILM TRAILER

Really really good animatic. So, now we are waiting for textured version :twisted:
Keep on !!!

Excellent! That came across very well. I thought the whole thing fit together perfectly, from the voice over, to the music, animation, etc, everything. This team is well on the way to a great final entry!!! :buttrock:

Ok, time for a sneak peak of Patricia. This is actual footage render, only the post work for this single frame was done in ps, and the animation post will be done in combustion. Rendered with mental ray.

edit: of course i uploaded the file without dof, but you get the point :smiley:

Not bad!
Very realistically and enigmatically!

Looking good. Nice atmosphere. Keep it coming!!!

Very nice. I will be sure to watch this one!

Very well done! Hope you make all the shots until Sunday… this will be a busy week!
Do you have Finlands larges render park? :slight_smile:
Good LUCK guys!

/peter

EON TRAILER CHALLANGE

Keep it coming! By the way… are you studying in EVTEK? :bounce:

Yo!

Still in the game. We have been lighting and rendering like crazy for the past couple of weeks. No sleep. :eek: Eyes like pool balls. And altough the due date has been set back, we’re still going to post the “semifinal” version on sunday. Meanwhile going to post some initial footage clips.

To Niten: Yep, we’re at EVTEK.

To Coolkonrad: Thanks, and yes, it has been and still is a very busy week. This whole competition has been a huge learning experience for our team, and it was one of our main agendas when we decided to enter. We’ve done things that none of us really knew how to do in practice, only by theory, and thus it has been more of “learning to do” than “just doing”. As I believe it is for most competitors.

oh and good luck to you too! I hope to get some constructive feedback after we post the semifinal version.

Truck rolling in the “ghost town” of Alexandria.

Play Video >>

quality intentionally quite low. trying to keep the filesizes small.

COol CooL scene! The truck is well designed and very well animated.The scene is well done in general…and the “ghost city” feeling is perfect.

oz