Eon (Illustration) Entry: neville dsouza

thanx kurosaki and sykmethodz! … >:D<

hehe … i like to explain how i work … you never kno who needs help and when … i’ve still a long way to go :frowning: … hope i get there … :frowning:

well … as for the atmosphere glow … theres a reason i’ve kept it like that, u will c it soon … i hope it works … but dude … thanx again for ur suggestion! really appreciate it >:D<

cheers buddies! >:D<

sketch of the asteroid…my idea is not to show the earth being hit already,

many things are swirling in my head right now… :expressionless:

I love the Earth… but the space… I don’t know… don’t you think we can see al lot of stars, nebulas, and things like that from space?
Good luck!

hehe … thanx ukitel! … yeah i do agree with u buddy :stuck_out_tongue: … but…theres another reason i’ve kept it that way … watch out for updates … :wink:

thanx a again dude for ur suggestions >:D<

cheers! :smiley:

a very basic work on the asteriod…created using an ellipse shape…then smudge tool … a little bit of the dodge tool and finally a textured brush … hope this works :frowning:

this is the reason why i kept the earth atmosphere ring thick and bright … using color dodge layer blending mode, i ended up with this …
still a long way to go … sighhh … :frowning:

ok … keeping the earlier layer hidden, n using a peach colour…i started painting a basic shape, then using erase tool with the brush parameters like spacing…scatter…shape dynamics…opacity jitter … and finally a smudge brush … this is what i came up with …

after revealing the intial layer and placing it over the second one … this is what i got …

really sorry for the typo …

for stage 3 i mentioned that i kept two layers hidden … it is actually one …

moving on …

a thin streak …this might come in handy when i’ll add more layers … lets see what happens … :S

this looks amazing… gl :slight_smile:

i extended the asteroid’s ‘tail’ … a slightly thick blue wavy tail …

using smudge brush to give it more irregularity …

still … more … :frowning: this is not enough :frowning:

sighh … ok … now i added a very thick crimson cloud trail … i could’ve easily added smoke and all … but i wanted everything to be ‘seen’ …

paying a lot of attention here …

hehe … added the ‘twins’ … :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

but yet maintaining colour difference … this is it … i think … :frowning:
ummm … maybe one more :open_mouth:

im going crazy …

this looks beautiful. I’m really looking forward to seeing where this goes. Keep it up buddy!

drawing the line now for the asteriod!!

well i added a few more layers to define the body of the trail …

i used overlay layer blending mode… for the mid blaze …

actually the way im working right now … its in high resolution 300 dpi … so if you zoom into the image … there are very minute dust particles like everywhere … even small glowing pieces… sometimes i had to paint each and every particle the way i want it to be … then to speed things up i created a brush with a lot of spacing, dynamics and scattering and painted trails where ever i wanted … then finally switching the layer blending mode to color dodge …

ummm … i think i’ll post a screenshot … lets see …

heres the screenshot i promised …

my arm is aching badly … :((
need to rest … will be back with something…

hopefully :frowning:

thanx a million cok3 and TR4d3r >:D< … >:D< … >:D< … >:D<

really gives me a lift when all you guys comment … helps me move on >:D<

theres still so much … :frowning:

sighhh …

good luck to you all! >:D<

cheers buddies ! >:D<

The comet looks absolutely great :bounce:

Your explained painting stages are verry interesting, I learned many things from…

Good work, keep this quality :thumbsup:

Hey nice work, I really like the colors in the tail. All the time you’ve spent is paying off. :thumbsup:

Beautiful ~ Rainbow for Meteor