Eon (Illustration) Entry: neville dsouza

neville dsouza is entered in the “Eon Challenge” update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: : final act :

my concept sketch … i havent read the book … lets see what happens next

cheers :stuck_out_tongue:

i just begun with a star field…

my basic idea / sketch of the earth, the starfield was created in max, need to add more elements…

looks interesting. keep it up! good luck and have fun in the challenge

added the sphere, i think most of the explosion and stuff will be done using photoshop… other than that …

need to get a nice earth texture hehe :wink:

hey thanx dude! :smiley: … still need to work on something really solid …

cheers mate! :stuck_out_tongue:

cool! i found a default earth material in max, but … yikes! this is certainly not what i want :frowning:

need to work on it a lot … :frowning:

trying to modify the mapping coordinates and reduce blurring…the settings on the right are the same for all the 3 maps…

some more changes … this time … the colour falloff map …

i think this should do…i wanted the illumination around the earth to be more brighter and a little ‘tight’,i especially didnt want it to have more coverage…

i even added the original material so i could see the values and change them accordingly in the new earth material…

this is what i got … i also added a displacement map with a value of 1 … i didnt want it to be so strong …

less is more :smiley:

by the way for the displacement map … i just duplicated the original earth map > desaturated it > and added to the displacement map slot with 0.1 blurring…

will have to see how far i can take this image … :s

more updates soon :wink:

wow pretty sweet…whered you get the map of the earth?

hey culpin :slight_smile: … i used 3dsmax default earth material, located in the library, but as u can see i had to modify it a lot in order get the right look.

check out the link given below…lots of earth maps!

http://www.google.co.in/images?as_q=earth+map&svnum=10&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&imgsz=xxlarge&as_filetype=&imgc=&as_sitesearch=&safe=images

cheers! :slight_smile:

the earths horizon … still not sure about it all … but need to play with the elements in order to solve this puzzle … :slight_smile:

This is looking really great so far, I love the look of the surface right now, keep up the good work :slight_smile:

the starfield looks particularly good, can’t wait to see how this one turns out — and you should read the book, it’s awesome!! :slight_smile:

thanx a million >:D< ramy and runecaster! >:D< … i still cant figure out how to gather it all :frowning: really trying hard … :frowning:

reading the book a tempting offer :smiley: … ( but i really need to :wink: ) … i must agree with u man! just by reading the sypnosis … m getting goosebumps :stuck_out_tongue:

lets see wat works out … :wink:

cheers buddies! :stuck_out_tongue:

Looks great. Thanks for the explination as well. :slight_smile:

i think the atmosphere glow is a little to wide, maybe tighten it up a bit?