Eon (Illustration) Entry: Michael Dashow

Nice stuff so far walrus, you’re doing great… as usual neat character concepts… only thing that bothers me so far are the clouds and the terrain under them.
Keep it up. Cheers

Well, here we go with the way background (or should I say, the Way background? :slight_smile: )
I’m happy with it, but I suspect Kazziu, you won’t be, given that it’s more fo the same. Oh, well, can’t please everyone… The details of the landscape and the clouds are pretty much done, now it’s on to Axis City, the Characters, the Spaceships, and the foreground spaceship.

Honestly, I don’t know whther I’ll finish it or not. If I decide to complete it, I will, but another freelance job just came up and now I have to pick and choose which to work on, because I can only complete one in January, not two. So we’ll see. I hope I’ll get to finish this after putting so much time into it. But then this other thing is hard to turn down too…

Cheers!

-mike

NOOOOOooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOO…!! :scream:

Not really a usefull feedback but…try to finish it…its gonna be a lost if u cant…
You have a beautiful background already…I hope the characters wont block it much…

Great!

Honestly, I don’t know whther I’ll finish it or not.

I’m sorry to hear this, although the reason for it is definitely an happy one.:slight_smile:
All the best to you for either choice, Walrus!

I just hope that if you don’t finish this for the challenge you’ll decide to finish it anyway at some other point, it would be a real pity otherwise.

OH NO! Say it ain’t so! iI really hope you find the time to finish the piece for the contest.
But, as they say… gotta eat. I’ll look forward to seeing the final illo one way or the other.
Happy Holidays to you and yours!

OH NO! Say it ain’t so! iI really hope you find the time to finish the piece for the contest. It’s looking so good with so much work in it already.
But, as they say… gotta eat. I’ll look forward to seeing the final illo one way or the other.
Happy Holidays to you and yours!

Thanks all. This other isn’t a done deal yet, it still may not happen. I just don’t know at this point. so what I might try to do is just jam on this thing all weekend, and maybe finish it by Christmas. That would satisfy both this contest as well as freeing up my time for this other assignment… IF it even happens.

In the meantime, happy holidays to you all all of yours, too!

-mike

LOL!!! Same to you and yours, Mike!

Good luck on whichever project you choose. I know how that goes. Your EON piece is one of my favorites because it’s one of the few with both great characters and a great environment and it’s seems like you really read the material. So, obviously I hope to see it finished.

Thanks, you too!
I managed to sneak in a little time during my lunchbreak today (and just getting one of those is rare enough!) to work on the characters a bit. i haven’t posted anything of them in progress so I thought I’d share.

This is all still in dozens of layers: one for Patricial’s skin, one for her suit, one for her hair, one for the blue tint, one for the shadows, one for the side light, etcetera, so it’s all still emminently changeable.

-mike

Whooo,I really hope you’ll find the time to finish your piece, because it’s really great!
But i understand what is, when you gotta work, you gotta work. and that’s just like that.

Anyway love all those sketches and the way you figured it all out.
Great construction in your work.
And that depth in the pic is juste amazing.

Maybe just one tiny little thing about her chin, that feels a bit too much remoted too me(sorry ,dont’ know if remoted is the right word in English) :-/
But want i want to say "a bit too much backwards compared to the rest of her skull.
Whatta you think?
Anyway, giant thumb up!A real pleasure to look at mate!

HAH, yea i was initially really disapointed you may not have been able to finish your piece, it s been wonderfull catching up with all the steps and eyeing your process…To think your participation makes us feel better…how does that work…

Incidently i have noticed the steps for the twisted pyramid motif in your close up, something i missed in your overall scene…I can’t wait to see how you “Paint” over axis nader…Go hard mike…for our sakes XD hahahahaha
happy holidays to u too…

Marley

The new updates are beautiful. I sure hope you can somehow juggle both paid work and this (and also find some time for Christmas). Good luck

Hi Walrus,

As usually - great style :]. I like the light on scene ( especial green light in woman, looks great) . I am waiting to final image.

Good luck in the challenge:]

Andrzej

Well, I’m TRYING to find the time to work on this… It’s almost 2am here, and I’m up hustling on it. And on a work night too. Some people have no trouble staying up this late. I am not one of them. I’m one of those weird people who get up at 6am every morning, and go to bed relatively early. (Well, not tonight!) I consider it practice for when my baby is born in 2 months.

Anyhow, not much else to say: You can see what I’ve done since the last update, here it is.

-mike

p.s. I’m getting to the point where I’m going to need to do some heavy detailing on Axis City. I notice a lot of concept/speedpainters like Vyle and Stephan Martiniere and Sparth do this with a heavy arsenal of custom brushes. I’m new to the technique, and am still building up my own collection… Anyone have any good resources for these kinds of tech/architectural detail? Thanks…

WHOOAAA, a cg baby soon bell born,amazing Walrus!Congrats to you,I’ve got kids myself and they are a giant source of love and so automaticaly inspiration also.:thumbsup: :love:

Great the new lightning you’ve put in there!

This is the Mike i know from the Journey Begins…:slight_smile:

Excellent attention to detail. Im obviously just learning how to use that trait. The backlighting for the characters are too green and colors should act differently on different surfaces?:smiley:

Sorry to be a pain giving this this kinna comments, knowing you will do it anyway later on.:smiley:

Really hope u can…:slight_smile:

I like very much the palette you are using.

good luck!

I do like that, great poses and colouring. :thumbsup: I have to say that the arm of the Frant, the one behind Patricia is too long compared to his right arm. His hand would probably be just under Patricias left elbow and Please put some pants on the frant…lol

Cheers
Mark

. So, what do we have here? A cool frant, an interesting Ser Olmy and a beautiful Patricia. All shrouded into a fine cone of light. U did a great job. Can’t wait to se it finished! Good luck, Michael!