Eon (Illustration) Entry: Daniel Justin Bird

Daniel Justin Bird is entered in the “Eon Challenge” update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: Thistledown city

Good luck everyone… :smiley:

This is a basic sketch of the third
chamber, I havent started on the
buildings or plant life yet, I’m just
establishing the basics at this point.
The chamber still needs a lot of work
though.

I’m trying to make the chamber very sculptured, while keeping the squat cylinder shape.
I think I should make the base of the cylinder more valley shaped, so it fits more with the
description of the book.

wen i c this … reminds me of one thing …

infinity!

really wanna c d updates :stuck_out_tongue:

good luck dude!

cheers! :stuck_out_tongue:

Kind of organic shape… I like it… it remembers me Giger!
Good luck!

It looks fantastic - a kind of cross between hollowed-out stone and organic. You’re off to a great start. You’ve got a really nice sense of scale too. Good luck

Thank you for your responses. :slight_smile:

I like all the swirls and organic-ness of this, can’t wait to see what colors you choose!

I agree with the rest here - very nice start! It almost looks like an inbody scenario - like it!

Looks nice… Like a bad throat day :thumbsup: Shapes are very interesting.

What is that small thing flying up there? Sorry dont know every story part.

Keep up the good work.

cool concept :thumbsup:
wuld like to see more,:scream: good luck :slight_smile:

very cool concept. I really like your shapes in the concept. looks like marble carved with water millenia ago. Congrats on a great start. :thumbsup:

cb

Thanks agian to everyone for your responses. :slight_smile:

A small sketch of just part of a greater image of the third chamber that I’m working on at the moment.

Comments welcome.

Oh man I LOVE your new concept. There’s so much outstanding art here that I think it takes something with a particularly unique edge to stand out, and this does. I even love it, as an art work, right now how it is. Very… eery. It reminds me of an artwork I studied in highschool, obviously not intently enough because I don’t remember the artist (if anyone knows, please tell me) - it’s a painting of an eery village of sorts, of strange buildings devoid of detail, with a little girl playing with a hoop and an ominous shadow stretching in from the side of the frame. The cover art for the PS2 game “ICO” was also similar.

Anyway, sorry to go off topic, but I really adore your latest concept, very much my kind of art!

< ^ Thanks, Dan. :smiley:

No worries, Dan :smiley:

damn! ur concepts are just gonna leave the viewer asking for more!

we want more! we want more! we want more! hehehehe

awesome dude! the colour version will be spectacular! im sure of it! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

good luck to u mate! cheeeeeeeers! :smiley:

The bare bones of the interior of the third chamber, I wanted to keep the water erosion look from my previous sketch, while creating more of a valley.

Comments welcome. :slight_smile:

dude! u da man! :applause:

the depth in ur imagery is mindblowing! :eek: … always a treat to c ur updates buddy! >:D<

cheers lad! :beer:n good luck for da challenge!:thumbsup: