Eon (Illustration) Entry: Blaz Porenta

thank u nwiz25 and Edmond for the encouragment!

walrus: Im so glad u stopped by again and put some very good suggestions! Those missle streaks really did bring more story to the image as well as lot of dynamics. With this and some ashes and other burned pieces flying around, the pic will become alive I guess. Foreground still needs to wait for further development and detailing but I’ll try to seperate those characters from the backgroung as much as I could. Thnx once again!

Do u guyz think that those missle streaks should be replaced with fire streaks? Should I bring more glowing stuff in?

hey buddy! me always there to help! :bounce:

yup … i do agree with Mike:p

in fact to be very honest … i totally missed out what he pointed out … theres so much in ur artwork that it never hit me as what i had to analyse in order to suggest something new… :blush: … yikes!

neways … as to what u asked … yup … i think some glow ought to do the trick and make the scene ‘blaze!’ :eek: … also … how about some dark dust particles? make the viewer imagine that he’s right there! eyes burning … choking with all the smoke and dust … :eek:

plus … i did a lil smthin for u :smiley: … i saved ur work and added 3 elements/FX in photoshop … play with these layers and add ur own stuff to it … go crazy dude! :buttrock: especially the ‘gradient circle’ it has a dodge blending mode added to it … so if u move it around ur artwork … u can get some cool effects … so modifications galore! :eek:

heres the download link :

http://rapidshare.com/files/13125254/tryout.psd.html

once u click the free button … just wait for it load … ur download ticket will be reserved

have fun buddy! hope this helps ya :stuck_out_tongue:

good luck! :thumbsup:

good lord, this is real something now for sure, different concept or feel about this piece now. the smoke from the missiles have definetly helped this piece along, love the adition of purple fog, its just added that much more for its depth…aND finally as i don;t have much for suggestions, I love your use of the square brush :thumbsup:.

Marley

This is looking amazing! Seeing the thumb I just had to go and see the bigger pic.
Lotta action, great colors, angle and composition…

Good luck!

:thumbsup:

This has to be a prize winner.

Really great work.

Good Luck

Do u guyz think that those missle streaks should be replaced with fire streaks? Should I bring more glowing stuff in?

I think that the missile streak work just fine… there is enough fire already… great work

This one is almost done… I’ve been quite busy last couple of days so there wasnt much replying and updating. But here is my latest version of EON entry. Its near final and Im so happy that in two days all that will be over. Im near braking point for doing this image for such a long time.
Thnx also to Bryce for helping me with solving problems thru private channels. And ofcors thnx to all of u for still posting comments into my thread.
And here is a slightly bigger version for some clearer detailing.

as i said be4 on msn the word “kickass” isnt long enough to describe the power of your piece. love the stunning dynamic and heell of striking work you made here, time to upload it :smiley:

Agree with Sacha, totally kickass!!!

Hi Blaz,

I don´t know if you have changed the saturation / contrast in your last posts or if it´s the result of different compression, but I really think the colors in post #150 is more striking than in your last ones.
I allso liked the stairs in that post.

Anyway, this is the best I´ve seen from you which means this is really, really good!

Oh, my… This one has a very hight WOW-factor!

Great illustration, Blaz :love: ! It’s really scary and disturbingly beautiful!

Excellent work, Blaz. Wish you best of luck with the jury (doubt you’ll need it, considering the quality of this work, though!)

This is it, final image. I added some minor details here and there and Im ending this challenge. It was great and frustrating at the same time. But I’d really like to thank to all of u great ppl for following this thread, putting down really helpful comments and guiding me thru the process. Thank u very much!

A part of the story that inspired me to do this piece:

"…a brighter-than-dawn glow was creeping, now yellow, now purple, now green.

The whole world was being swept by a crown fire, with the flames leaping not from tree to tree, but from city to city, continent to continent.

People were no more substantial than pine needles."

And a bit bigger version for as always…

Strong image! The best I have seen from you yet! Good luck!:thumbsup:

Well done! This is an excellent piece, totally love the colors and the mood you catched here.

Ohoo dude! a great artist, and that´s all:thumbsup: Well-done, dude!

You did a great piece of art :applause: as always :thumbsup:

Good luck in the final vote :bounce:

woweeeee! :eek: :eek: awesome finish my friend! :scream::buttrock: congratulations are in order! :applause:

very ‘hot’ use of colours! :smiley: love it dude! :love:

good luck to u buddy! :thumbsup:

this is it, one more masterpiece :slight_smile: congrats on your solid kick ass finish mate and more than all tonsa thanks again for all your support and feedback on mine. best of luck, see ya round soon and keep on rocking my friend!:beer::buttrock:

:eek:Totally kickass image Ninja!!One of my fav’s.Congratz on finishing mate!Good luck to you:beer::bounce: