Eon (3D Scene) Entry: Valery Plaksin

texturing flatter

texturing flatter complete

thank for all…
So, i hope that i finish shipbuilding…may be some tune after i place all in scene. But currently i start to texturing and add small detail to enveroment…

The textures look great on the last one… I love the way you model bits and pieces of the craft… Sometimes, i forget that i can simply split a mesh up to pieces and make my life a lot easier… Your models kick ass…

I really love your work, keep it that way and you’ll have a good chance to win !

Good job on the texturing. Eagerly awaiting the next updates on the environment.

Very good texturing job, good luck on the next step. :wink:

-thondal-

The new version of Mental Ray in 3dsMax 9 has a nice feature to soften sharp edges that might go along way on alot of your scene. I don’t know what you’re rendering in but you should definitely look into it. The amount of detail on these models is insane, keep up the good work man.

The new version of Mental Ray in 3dsMax 9 has a nice feature to soften sharp edges that might go along way on alot of your scene. I don’t know what you’re rendering in but you should definitely look into it. The amount of detail on these models is insane, keep up the good work man.

Thank! I use Brazil in max8, its simply and very fast for me.:thumbsup:

And some people ask me to show “Flatter” in hi res. I hope all enjoy this pic!

I take my hat off to you!.

The Famous director James Cameron apparently was very fussy over little details (when it came to model making) and he would have a reason of functionality for every nook and cranny on a spaceship… well you remind me of him, here is everything explained in great detail, so much so you have made me question why i am in this competition in the first place…you make me feel extremely lazy by comparison :scream:

haha…

I think your work is spectacular!.

Marley

Are you sure you’re just one guy? This is a staggering amount of work,detail, and effort you’ve put forth, keep at it and keep us posted.

Very inspirational work, I enjoy your designs and attention to detail :slight_smile:

This is beautiful work. I am very much impressed. Good luck

Man that ship is awesome! I have a hard time visualizing it during combat with such huge wings but who cares? looks great!

backlight research

i would prefer the second one, cause it’s not too dark, the walls are still recognizable and the fog in the background isn’t to intensive but visible (also the volume light). better than the last one.

keep on rockin :thumbsup:

i think the last one is the best, the others lights looks to boring.

Heyho, i really think, the first one is the best, the second and the last one shows two much imo, its good for the video to show details, but for the illu i think the first one works fine, good luck!

test render for check some textures and lights, without small details.

its starting to look awesome. it reminds me that I used to be one of the commanders on one of those ships:D

Hey pichunter,

great test render you just posted here.

just a few things: did you use the full textures on the right ship, or is it something caused by the jpg compression?
I think you also used a kind of Final Gather, but it really doesn’t show too much. For example, inside the back of the big ship there is too much detail. The light shines about everywhere and that gieve a really flat game look.
Also try the create a good depth between the ships and the background cause right now you could see the left part as one, meaning you won’t recognize it as a ship. Because we’ve seen it before, we know it.
Maybe there is too little seen of the ship to be able to recognize it easy.

cheers