Eon (3D Scene) Entry: Gunilla Elam

Hmmm - it seems we’re not going to have a big render for this section?
So, it seems I definitely entered the wrong section after all - ah well :shrug:

Hi Gunilla;
I watched your movie and I must say it was really impressive! Camera path is very well
defined and those spychoppers make a cool contribution to the overall feel!
good luck with your new Pc and the new year!
:thumbsup:

Wow Gunilla! It looks wonderful. I love that animation. So do all the engineers - we’re having a bit of reunion (it’s a bit noisy around here). And I showed them your high res details and they love them too. I’m talking standing ovation. And stamping of feet. And singing. And throwing stuff. Expensive stuff. Got to do something about their levels of enthusiasm.

But seriously, I’ve really enjoyed your thread from start to this delightful finish. I love the scientific subtleties and humour throughout - those birdies rock! Lots of cheering from me for that walking alien too. Superb, and such a realistic animated walk. And those little flying spy cams - so cool.

As for going for high res, that seems to me to be the sign of a fine piece of modeling and texturing if it looks good at that size.

You’d get the idea by now that I love your finished scene. Now for the matter of a couple of dozen drunk and exuberant engineers. They love your scene too. And in the next challenge they want to work for you over there in Stockholm.

It has come to the Authoritys knowledge that someone is illegally hunting the rare birds in the abandoned wildlife reserve in the sixth chamber.
They have sent a team of camcopters to fugure out what’s going on.

Story and scene loosely based on Greg Bears EON

Mathias - thank you and good luck to you too :slight_smile:

Mark - lol! Thanks for giving me constant support and a lot of giggles throughout the challenge :slight_smile:
And as for the engineers … well… could you give them the message that even if I’m really flattered I have a feeling they will not enjoy the climate here and are much better off staying with you :twisted:
I know I would have a hard time controlling them - heck, I know how hard I have to control myself through this :scream:

So folks, I guess this is it then - thank you everyone that have been showing interest and given such good advice on this one. Good luck in finishing for those that haven’t yet - and good luck for the voting of the jury :thumbsup:

Morning Gunie!

Oh, you’ve already made your final steps! Just saw and enjoyed your close-ups, you’ve really made a great job again with the texturing:thumbsup: …don’t know what I love more, the owner of the glowing veins or these cute, furry birdies…
And the animation is well done, very good and much more than showing that this is 3d modeling:applause: …as always you’ve managed to make something very unique and you succeeded in telling your own story…

All in one: Excellent work and much cheering from me! Congratulations!:bounce:

-sabrina

Sabie said that before… but as always… a result very “Gunilla”… each details are very original and very imaginative… that make the difference :thumbsup:

and to have the movie wich give the life to this incredible universe, it’s truly the cherry on the cake… like it much… congrats honey :applause:

I hope to be able to see soon the fantastic birds… maybe flying :scream: (as stones…)

Kisses…

Hey Gunilla,

Congrats on finishing , uhh, I am just starting basically so I envy you. :sad: You have done another very interesting image and good luck . Hope to be more active next challenge.

Sabie - thanks! And thanks for always being such good support and advisor. This time it was really hard to finish I think - the last weeks made me loos interest in this but I’m glad I made that final step and wrapped it up. Good luck for you for the jury :thumbsup:

Lolo - haha, yes - this time definitely more “Gunilla” than EON for sure… ah well, it was fun any way. And as for the birds flying - I don’t think they can, but perhaps they can dance? :scream:
thank you dear for being such good advisor and friend :love:

Mike - thank you and good luck in finishing!

So, for anyone that may still wonder what I’ve been doing here - I decided quite early that if I was going to make this I had to make a story of my own for it. No offence to Mr Bear but I just didn’t feel like being faithful to the concept and book. I finished just because I hate to leave things unfinished but this has clearly have to be seen as an “beside the guidelines” entry.
I had a lot of fun playing with this :wavey:

It´s been a pleaure as always to see your image progress :slight_smile:
gotta love those birds… :bounce: Lycka till Gunilla!

cool animation Gunie and just to say based on eon novel or not I like ur work and you rock :scream:

Mona - hi there and thanks for liking my furry friends (not so surprised) :smiley:

Tony - thanks a lot and you rock too :wink:

Heh Gunnie. Sorry for my nonexisting avatar around here during this challenge.
:eek: OMG, your entry is… is… is… ah, can´t find the right word. I just like it, he he.
Good luck.

Hi Gunie! good luck with your original proposal!!:thumbsup: :bounce:

The most unusual image in this contest. Came out very good, dude! Good luck!:thumbsup:

Very intriguing entry. You went your own way, but sometimes that’s the best way to go. Nice job!

Hi there!
truly different from others, but it’s good. It has it’s style and it follows it. COngratulations that you’ve finished on time!

ahahaha congrats on your great final! remember you owe me a birdy ^^
sorry for not coming back earlier i was just overrun by a horde of nasty clients that stole me almoste every last bit of time and so i ran ^^
great and so gunilaish piece, always priceless to see ya approach any topic, best of luck for now and for any other thig, just keep on rocking! :beer::buttrock:

Thanks you all for your cheering - glad you like it.

Good luck with your own entries!

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.