Eon (3D Scene) Entry: chandro c. uttamchandani

superior work on the skin! Especially the lips are really authentic, i like how you manage these details, very subtle and not too much, great:thumbsup:

Thanks Johnnymaster, your thread is really amazing and im learning a lot.
i believe cinema 4d is great for making hair which im really curious. seem you made the hair that fast

The skin shader is looking good. I think the top of the head still needs tweaking. It is kinda flat. Also underneath the nose it seems to be too rounded and so lacking some definition. Are you using reference to model from?

Thanks for the advice snows. ill work on it :slight_smile:

im on the eye now. ill be working on eyebrow and hair next.the iris still need some tweaking same with the eyeball. just want to have some update.

Very well done chandro, keep going.

Things are looking very good and very clean…

I really like where you are getting with your girl, but she sort of looks more like other characters in the text than to [color=white]Patricia… even though your model can VERY well be describing her, I REALLY do not mean that yu missed out…[/color]
Soo … what is your concept you are going to be going for? As in the final render scene… whats the plan?

Seeing you are also modeling out [color=white]Thisletown… or a building from it… are you planning on making a backdrop of the city while you portray a close up onto her?[/color]
Great work on the skin shader BTW… (Yes it IS a devil to adjust sometimes),
and all together an astonishing work for somebody into this for only 3 MONTHS!

BEST of Luck!! :thumbsup:

Black

^^^^ I agree
Skin shader looks fine - you should work more on lips shape and texture (blur between lips and facial skin textures)
I hope this helps
-cheers

it took me a while doing the eyebrow. i never thought this is complicated. im working on the hair now. arggh.

@Claudio. Thanks a lot!!

@BlackDidThis

ill be posting the final concept this week, changing concept a lot (due to limited knowledge of 3d)
im still in the process of studying the ways and workflow every bit.
i adjusted some lighting to make a faster render
as you can see some harsh shadows, BTW im on my 5th month this december. still learning new things in this 3d software. (too many to explore!). im working on the hair (studying it). and this is taking too much of my time and rendering the hair is really painstaking! but thanks for dropping by at this thread

@fgdf
ill be working on it. Thanks

i believe the eyebrow is a little high. theres still a lot to tweak :scream:
btw the update image mesh has 1 level of division (supposed to be 2).

if you want to see the higher res with level of dision 2
heres the link.
http://img138.imageshack.us/my.php?image=render1bgp3.jpg

Goodluck and Happy New year!!

ive decided to this idea among the three i visualize. this is really rough presentation, hope youll get the idea

took me a while studying the hair and applying it, i can go on and on perfecting this but no time…rendering this is really nerve wrecking and got a lot of crashes.

wow! looks great! Looking forward for the next update!

Hey chandro, very good job with that hair. Good look.

Chandro, Good job man. Keep it up.

cool modeling job buddy! :bounce: :applause: very beautiful indeed!

waiting to c ur next update! :bounce:

good luck dude! :thumbsup:

cheers :beer:

Thanks a lot! ive learn a lot joining this contest! and also a lot of sleepless night…
i almost forgot that i have a family to attend to… still trying to balance it all . so this is the 3D world…:rolleyes:

after i modify the mesh to add some crack the uv mess up! so i have to do all the UV mapping again and the rest. ive learn a lot! aaaarrgh!

What do you mean by “having to redo it all”?

How DID you do the cracks?.. Via Boolean operation? Or via splitting and deleting faces?

As I recall, you were using [color=white]MaYA right?
What version are you using?
I really don’t know how you messed up the UV’s, and would like to help you prevent from it happening again, but that said, versions 7.0 and higher all support transfer of Surface sampled data.[/color]

So it is always possible to retrieve your textures to the new/messed up UV’s.
(This is in case you didn’t already know)
That function is what saved my life when I had had decided to completely redo the head mesh’s UV map. I transferred the diffuse data onto the new map, and then improved on them to the format you saw them posted now.

[color=lemonchiffon]Now all that said

You really can be proud of what you got your model to look like

I did not exactly understand the logic that lay behind your posts#51 and #58
but the composition is aesthetically beautiful and a very well chosen one to display the area you put all your efforts onto.[/color]

Are you also going to make the shared pieces fly their way towards the right side of the illustration? They seem to be such on your [color=silver]post#51and I believe it would look fantastic with some hard post-work included on their motion and lighting.[/color]

I really liked how you managed to get around the Hair’s settings. Once again a very good result that you should be proud of.
So what are you going to do about her hair though? Since it DOES covr the cracked part of her bust
is it that we are going to be seeing Thistledown through her hair?
Or are you going to add a turbulence/wind to blow her hair also in the “right” direction as the shards look to be in your post#51?

All in all
this thing is all coming together pretty nicely

It’s great to be able to follow up on how you developed it!

Keep em up!:thumbsup:

Black

To Black,

i dont how to thank you but THANKS A LOT!
i tried what you said transfering UV and it work! i save a lot of days work!!
i didnt know that it has features like that! incredible!! 

i use split tool in Silo software and extracting faces then import it to maya 8, im not yet comfortable yet with modeling tools in maya coz i started with silo before i decided to learn maya, somehow im getting used to it and experimenting lot of tools (so many tools!)

talking about the logic of my concept, i decided to make somehow an interprtation type or symbolic approach regarding the eon story. the buildings etc. sort of mix of all of her adventures in that new world she discover and the dilemma of going back to earth. ill be adding a earths reflection in her eyes but not sure yet if it will look good. there will be a starfield in the background and some light effects (colored lights) hopefully sort of mild nebula effects. the lights will be dimmer in her face matching the effects.

my first idea for the animation was, she slowly tilting her head up then some light moving dramatically and slowly the crack will show and the light revealing to that cracks and  the cracks will move in the air(not all direction) revealing whats insides (the buidings etc will reveal also like building will arise to her shoulder and some smoke fog.. but my limited knowledge and time contstraint this animation idea is impossible for now.  im on my 6th month (started July 2006) self paced learning this 3d.

its my own point of view ( i hope im good in english so i can explain the concept very well).. im not really expecting to win in this contest but its my way of learning this 3d stuff (pushing myself to study).

heres rough idea, yes i really like to add some field dynamics but i dont know yet how to use it. if i can have more time i really like to study and explore it. if not ill do it manually.
[img]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q300/chandro1972/CrackTry1.jpg[/img]

i use joe's shave and haircut for the hair and if possible use also field to move the hair away because of crack effects. i still need to learn how to use render layer or render pass. still dont know how to achieve the light fogs using mental ray..

again to Black. Thanks a lot man! i jumped, laugh and hug my wife because transfer of UV's work!