Eon (3D Scene) Entry: Berter Akyol

Absolutely! You shouldn’t even be bothering to read these forums right now! (unless you are using another PC to web browse while your graphics monster is rendering your animation perhaps?)

thanks and best wishes! -Scott

Hi Black, just want to thank you for the support!
well im really curious and excited for your final image and animation… will it be like a trailer sort of?

Oh no, no… infact on the contrtary… faar from it!!

I am only going to present an animation… how ever it turns out. I had so wished to do a lot… with dynamics and what not (having these rigged characters as well…
But if you guys are expecting an amazing image… please do not put your hopes too high… the pieces it is going to be made out of is all the stuff you have ben seeing and it’s simiallar quality.

so nothing too special… Just something I am prefferably going to be proud of.

The ONE thing I am trying to guarantee is that the image is directly a render… and that it shall have NO post work on it what so ever.

There is almost half a day left and I am far from rendering even my final scene, leave alone the animation. (Wisely used, the time is more than enough… I hope) I had TOO many things distracting me the last ten days… my earlier tempo was SO good had I managed to keep to it.

Black

how long will be the animation? im currently rendering 3 hours for 1 pass… i think i cannot make my animation with hair… im having problem rendering the joe alter shave with animation… i just hope this will be extended for another two days (well seems impossible)
but just hope they will not focus on the animation but on the concept and the final image.:smiley:

I am only going to present an animation… how ever it turns out. I had so wished to do a lot… with dynamics and what not (having these rigged characters as well…
But if you guys are expecting an amazing image… please do not put your hopes too high… the pieces it is going to be made out of is all the stuff you have ben seeing and it’s simiallar quality.

My animation has been cooking since 8 last night with a half hour to go. My dynamics (pFX and buffer zone stuff) had to get canned do to another render artifact issue. So alot is missing in my animation

so nothing too special… Just something I am prefferably going to be proud of.

I’m deff not proud of my final submission stuff

The ONE thing I am trying to guarantee is that the image is directly a render… and that it shall have NO post work on it what so ever.

Have not even started the render for my final image so it has to be a single pass non-post tweaked too.

In other words we are in identical hell right now so my best wishes hope and prayers that you managed to make it to the deadline without being dead!

Cheers my hard fighting friend! :beer:

Hey Black-your thread made me speechless :slight_smile:
It is so… comprehensive (that maight be the right word)
Alltough i hadnt had time to read all thread :wink:

I truly wish U good luck and I agree 100% with aurora:
"In other words we are in identical hell right now so my best wishes hope and prayers that you managed to make it to the deadline without being dead! "

Taavi

I was NOT able to work today
:cry:

This (At the bottom attached) was a post I had had prepared to post at 30 January 2007, 22:22:22…
but I hadn’t had the images rendered out yet. So I had let it wait until I did (Yes I type the milestones sometimes before the image is even readied).

Earlier this morning I gave it another shot, and had a rendering error
(Half-Render at the top, Screen grab of the elements at the bottom
sorry no completed render of this at late
).
So I left re-rendering this post’s scene so that I can use all the processor power for the scene and animation.

I had REALLY wanted to complete this scene dedicated to Greg Bear’s book
But simple mathematics says that I can not have an output in 2 hours
It is impossible and truly not worth killing myself for.
So unfortunately I have to pull the plug on this one
I only hope that he had the chance at some time to see some dedication as he browsed through

I now have a hand-full of models that I am VERY proud of… And I shall use them as part of my portfolio for sure. (My wife says that I am too honest for the competition in modelling everything out
she is a little pessimistic about other contestants
).

Unfortunately my last Ten – twelve days were close to my worst days as I can remember, not to mention all the work I had to complete save from this challenge. I wish I had realised then that I could spare myself extra exhaustion (I literally killed myself to get things caught to level). But as I said… It was a nice opportunity to dedicate to a book I truly enjoyed.

Now I am here staring at my other pre-typed six milestones
and wondering if I even want to bother rendering out images for those or not.
But I am really too tired and most possibly those milestones will never be posted.

Well in the end of it… the towel is down… I have yet once again failed (This is the third now
Damn I made a hobbit of this
)

Okaaay

here is the post in mention that I was SUPPOSE to post last night:

[color=silver]AT LAST!!
I have finalised a series of things… just not too sure on how a few of the characters are going to pose
so I can’t go in and detail sculpt them as I regularly would.
But I have all the body shapes readied, textured and so forth for posing and dressing up.
I know it may not seem to be too much, but all this here was a LOT of work
I had to paint thirty (head and body separate) 4096x4096 canvases of textures for these guys.
I’ll be posting individual close-ups later when I will be much more free.

Painting their bodies this way WAS a sort of overkill… but in proportion to the amount of work put into them, the extra work put into detailing the texture to this quality (wich STILL demands a lot of retouch) was a mere trifle, and an additional motivation for me.

The pipeline I am going for is along the lines of setting the basic scene, preparing all the models, posing the hero characters/elements, arranging the background according to the shot cam (Though this might change now that I found out that we don’t have to submit a high res final image)
Hence the reason you are not still seeing a final scene pre-render of any kind.

I hope to give it to you guys soon (The animation is also being worked on… damn is there a lot to do, I was hoping to include some dynamics, and character animations
But I am not sure if I can now
)

Black

[/color]

Well as the post above states guys… I am apparently FAR from being a “Hard Fighter”… :sad:

There were too many upsetting events that found me in my recent days, and this project was a good haven to help me forget some of the problems, and do something I enjoy.

I have to really thank you endless Tim for your never-ending trust and support, and it was a great pleasure to find another book-reader as yourself Scott… And definately a fantastic thing to get re-united with my good man Damir

But none the less I couldn’t make it… I hope you guys can!

Taavi;
You are too kind… thank you very much.
I seem to have gotten stuck… I really hope for everything to go your way at least!

Black

Sad :frowning:
Still i’d like to see Your project finished…

So sad to hear you could not make it. I finally finished up with a whole whopping 35 minutes to spare. I hope you take the time to finish up the excellant work you started because I REALLY want to see it.
But till I see you next best of wishes and enjoy your family!!

Black,

i didnt make it too

seems rendering taking so long in my machine… but ill finish it… just need a little break…
hope to join again next time for another learning journey… Thanks for the support!

Black, your work is an inspiration to us all. I have to thank you for kicking me, I’d not have done much more if you hadn’t stopped by. I hope you’ll be able to show us some of your animation and final scene in your gallery, and I hope that some day I’ll be half as good as you with the character and structure modelling!

Enjoy your family, and let us know how you’re doing in a few days!
cheers- Scott

Black,

I got really upset when i found that i couldn’t find your finished work in the gallary page. I found out the reason from this thread. Well, next time Black.

Good work doesn’t go waste.

Hari

Hi Black,

hope you can find time to finish your Eon project… thres a lot of us waiting to see your final image.

Eon Project

:cry: i really enjoyed this thread, i allso really hope to see this thread finished someday in the future. this was just so damn good and precise work from u.

rest well.

take care Black. :applause:

few wuffs from the furries

Unfortunately I have not the luxury of just relaxing from the competitions stres… :(… still too busy.
So I shall still be needing the computers power for the hard stuff I am occupied with (The directory for Eon aloe is 14.3 gigabytes, with 3249 files and 181 directories… ).

None the less I still DO have the six typed out milestones… and smaller scenes that they are reffering to.
If you guys would like it, I can always presnt them on the thread when I have the time to reder?

Your call, for my part; after the deadline, I sort of lost the influence to push hard (expectably), even though my last days were not really supportive for aditional activities such as this challange… and I was already loosing heart.

Shall I have my portfolio sorted out, naturally you can again view the works in higher quality even.
Though again the final image IS going to have to wait.

Black

Hey Black. So sorry to hear that you did not make the deadline. I was so sure that you would with the fast pace that you exhibited throughout the challenge. I have to say that you have been very helpful, not only to me but to the whole community with your very detailed and insightful wip posts. So I send a big heartful thanks to you. You are a very talented man…you should be proud.

Maybe you’ll join in on the fun for the next challenge. I can’t guarantee that I’ll be in, but I will be watching. Until then…:buttrock:

Oh no… sorry to see you didn’t make it in time. But since this is such a huge project it’s perfectly understandable. Hope you come around to finish it later.
Thanks again for your really interesting thread. I still have a lot of studies to do here and I expect this thread will last long after the challenge is over.

Good luck for future projects and kisses to your geourgeous baby :slight_smile:

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.