Eon (3D Scene) Entry: Bartosz Bialek

Are you SURE you got that right?

Cause over HERE
it says:

[color=lemonchiffon]Your final image dimensions should be in print resolution (as large as you can possibly render). Do not send in a low-resolution placeholder and ask us to get back to you, as we won’t.
[/color]

I have downloaded your image and it is very nice… I believe by every angle you pretty much fit into the regulations. I don’t see a problem.

In any case, thank you for sharing…

And BEST of luck from here on… :thumbsup:

Black

wow, so many details… a bit busy to me, may be just me!:slight_smile: GREAT WORK!:thumbsup:

Hi
I’m sure!! check FAQ we don’t need to make final hi res print!! (it’s only for illustration category) A lot of people missunderstood this ;/
Thanks for support ;):bounce:

@Alvin - thank’s friend and good luck to you too!!

I’m still rendering ( some minar and major problems occured as usual in such cases :] :wink: )
I’ll post some still’s later on!
-cheers!

you worked hard and got a great image here… but! where is the flowers this time :eek:

looking forward to see the final soon :thumbsup:

show me the video!!:scream: Did I miss the link or you havent put it in yet?:smiley:

ENO

@Mona - hiiii so nice to see you!! no flowers this time… and hamsters neither!! :confused:
I’ll post everything what’s left today :wink: cheers:thumbsup:

@Alvin! NO ;/ I’ll post it today (later my today) I had to rerender like 90% but it’s ok now ~1 hr of rendering left atm. Thank’s cheers!

yes yes yes after few days of struggle I managed to render my animation. here’s some frames!
-cheers :wink:

This is my final image entry. Russian soldiers assaulting bore hole. This image/frame was rendered at 4k resolution and as a still it represents the best the esence of my work & animation.
It like to thank all the people who helped me during my fight to have it done this way. You’re great guys.
-BIG cheers!

Software: 3ds max,After Effects,Painter

Asaulting the bore hole…

When I read the book I had clear view of what impressed me the most.
The scene when russian ships asaulted the bore hole. I imagined how must have it felt for a gray soldier to see those giant rotating docks , the entrance , all other soldiers and ships flying around
The best about this book and contest was that it wasn’t telling you like what to do - how did it look like etc - but it stimulated your imagination to see and image it your own way.
And this is how I saw this scene - and I’m very pleased with it :wink:
I’d like to thank all great people who helped me during my battle and reminded me that beyond every vision even the great there stands simple things like proper composition :wink: - youre great.thanks!

3d scene:

The idea was to make a cinematic scene - something with breadth that make’s you feel a small compared to the stone , docks and all what was going on there.

BIggest challenge:

The scene was ment to be renderet at 4x4k resolution so I put as much details I could have. Than I had to animate them at lower resolution and this was the moment when things became complicated. Some shaders behaved different at higher resolution - some elements became invisible at lo res and some occured as to tim consuming.
Managing over 150 moving objects was also a big task.

some facts

It took average 22 min per frame to render
There are 160 rusiian soldiers on the scene - 1,3 mln tris
5 visible russian ship each 1,4 mln tris
stone surface & rotating docks - 2,2 mln tris
I rendered the scene animation in 2 main layers ( becouse of my machine’s technical limitations)

Great one:thumbsup: I really like the way you blending wires, AO your WIP into it! well done.

by the way, do you mind tell me the steps to upload the video? I am a bit confused by cguploader. Thanks

Software: 3ds max,After Effects

Asaulting the bore hole…

The scene when russian ships asaulted the bore hole. I imagined how must have it felt for a gray soldier to see those giant rotating docks , the entrance , all other soldiers and ships flying around
The best about this book and contest was that it wasn’t telling you like what to do - how did it look like etc - but it stimulated your imagination to see and image it your own way.
And this is how I saw this scene - and I’m very pleased with results :wink:
I’d like to thank all great people who helped me during my battle and reminded me that beyond every vision even the great there stands simple things like proper composition :wink: - you’re great.thanks!

3d scene:

The idea was to make a cinematic scene - something with breadth that make’s you feel a small compared to the stone , docks and all what was going on there.

BIggest challenge:

The scene was ment to be rendered at 4x4k resolution so I put as much details as I could have. Than I had to animate scene at lower resolution and this was the moment when things became complicated. Some shaders behaved different at higher resolution - some elements became invisible at low resolution and some occured as to time consuming.

some facts

There are 160 russian soldiers on the scene - 1,3 mln tris
I rendered the scene animation in 2 main layers ( becouse of my machine’s technical limitations)

Just a very well done job. Your final still is great, and your animation very cool and explaining your modeling clearly.
I wish you best of luck for the following. :thumbsup:

Hey Bartosz,

Your animation is really great :thumbsup: :thumbsup: . Great job on your image and good luck.

Hi .
Very nice work you have done.GOOD LUCK!
Spire.

By the way,you were right about the lights in my scene.But is was no time to change them anyway. :slight_smile:

Software: 3ds max,After Effects

Asaulting the bore hole…

And this is how I saw this scene - and I’m very pleased with results :wink:
I’d like to thank all great people who helped me during my battle and reminded me that beyond every vision even the great there stands simple things like proper composition :wink: - you’re great.thanks!

3d scene:

BIggest challenge:

The scene was ment to be rendered at 4x4k resolution so I put as much details as I could have. Than I had to animate scene at lower resolution and this was the moment when things became complicated. Some shaders behaved different at higher resolution - some elements became invisible at low resolution and some occured as to time consuming.

some facts

There are 160 russian soldiers on the scene - 1,3 mln tris

This is my final final entry - i used proper final image no letterboxes and logos

@SweD - thank’s Cyril :bounce: and good luck to you too!!
@mmoir - thank you Mike and wish you a goodluck too:thumbsup:
@Spire - thank’s Mihail and good luck - if it’s blinking it’s good at least nobady will doubt your scene is 3d :wink:

-cheers

That is a truly massive scene!

Excellent work :slight_smile:

Great work. To be honest i mostly like how it evolved, you made it better and better with each update. Really massive one. Good luck and see you soon on the next challenge I hope :slight_smile: It’s my third finished and I must say that whole my 3d progress is thanks to them.

Cool animation. I like how you added the small “making-of” at the end. Nice touch! :thumbsup: Good luck with the judging!

@taavi - thanks!! nice to hear it :wink:

@arturro - thank’s you can be sure we will meet on next challenge - can’t wait for it.
-cheers

@Jedi-Juice - thank’s and good luck to you to!!