Digital Domain is an innovative and global visual effects studio. We are a creative powerhouse that has brought artistry and technology to hundreds of motion pictures, commercials, and games. Our groundbreaking visual effects appear in films such as Fast and Furious 8, Ready Player One, Spider-Man and Avengers, Infinity War .
The Environments Technical Director is responsible for improving the overall efficiency of the show based Environments pipeline. They design, implement, and manage tools that assist the digital artists with their daily use of both third party and in-house software and systems. Environment TD’s work with peers and supervisors to craft novel tools, techniques, and procedures to aid the execution of the current project and advance the capabilities of the facility. The role requires strong technical and communication skills, as well as a firm understanding of software design, graphics, and production work flow.
- Ability to work with Environment, Matte Painting artists and other TD’s to help design and create tools to be integrated into Digital Domain’s existing pipeline. These tools will be created using a combination of custom and commercial Python and C++ APIs.
- Work with Environment Lead to augment the team’s work flows and tool sets to achieve specific goals of the project.
- Work directly with artists to troubleshoot and fix problems.
- Craft and update documentation for tools, techniques and work flows generated.
Qualifications - Education and/or Experience Required:
- 3+ years experience as a Technical Director.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent work experience ideal.
- Thorough understanding of a 3D and 2.5D (projection) pipeline.
- Preferably technical knowledge of lenses and camera body’s (filmback, distortion etc).
- Working experience with Maya required.
- Working experience with one or more professional graphics packages, including V-ray, Houdini, and/or Nuke a plus.
- Practical knowledge of Python strongly desired, knowledge of PyQt a plus.
- Proficiency in one or more professional graphics package C++/Python APIs, including the Maya SDK, HDK and Nuke SDK preferred.
- Proficiency in applicable domain specific programming language(s) including Mel, Hscript, RSL, MetaSL.
Please apply via e-mail at: email@example.com