Dynamic Whirlwind snow

Hi there…

I need a fast solution for a shot I need to do for some snowflakes that get blasted away by snow.

I am basicly know with the dynamic system and wil use sprites for the flakes. But the flakes need to make an horizontal movement and from there they need to whirl in a wind. Does anybody know what kinda fields I need to use and how to place that. Any comment and help is great…

Thanx guys… :slight_smile:

Dalaran AW

Try using a combination of an animated Wind in direction and magnitude and a volumic radial field with a negative magnitude. This should do the trick just keep on playing with it, I’d say, that’s my technique.

So I made a curve that is the path. But the problem is that the speed of the particles along the curve is kinda strange. It is constant when it comes from behin the wall, but when the curve gets more dense, due to the vortex/whirlwind shape, it slows dramaticly down… but I have no control over this at all.

Is there anyway I can have control over this… maybe with fields or something else?

Thanx,

Dalaran Aw
Shizzel

It’s due to the relative distance from CV to CV in the curve. Try removing some CVs in the vortex/whirlwind part of the curve or add CVs in the other areas and speed up the simulation.

Cheers,

Mrgoodbyte

Mrgoodbyte thanks for your reply… :slight_smile:

I tried to delete some CV’s but offcourse that has it limit, because deleting too much wil destroy the shape… but thats okay…

The problem I am still having is that when I try to raise the speed attribute it just doesnt have any effect on the speed that the particles travel along the path.

Does anybody knows how to solve this?

Thank you…

Dalaran AW

No prob. :slight_smile:
What about the speed attribute on your emitter? It may throw some other things out of wack but it’s worth trying.
On the other hand if you are happy with your particles as is but just need to get is faster, you can cache your particles to disk, disconnect the time attribute of the particle shape and create the following expression:
particleShape1.time = time*2;
This will speed up the particles by 2.

Cheers,
Mrgoodbyte

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.