2D Challenge[left]It’s time to gather up your creativity, pull together your talents, and get ready for a new kind of warm up competition in the Dominance War series - Mini Challenges! Although the theme is separate from the main epic event, world champion standings are assured for the best mini comp entries!
To commemorate a new class of competition, we will be using a modified theme from Dominance War I. So this year’s first ever Concept Art mini topic is:
War General Portraits![left]The rules are simple - create a portrait of a leader capable of leading troops to victory! Your war general portrait can be from any time period and any race. As long as he/she/it looks like a war general, has the appropriate team war logo somewhere on the body/clothes, and has the appropriate team colors [found here], everything is good!
This challenge is here for those desiring to practice their art before the main event. So keep it easy, keep it quick, and keep it real.
You have 9 days (2 weekends plus 5 days) to finish.
- Artists can only join 1 team for any event during dominance war IV. If you start with polycount, you cannot enter another mini challenge or the main event with gameartisans or cgsociety.
- You are not required to enter all challenges. Pick the ones you like, and join.
- Posting your work in progress in this single thread is ABSOLUTLY MANDATORY.
- You can only submit one “up to” 1000x1000 350k max final image. 200w x 1000h is fine. 999w x 500h is fine. This image must include your team logo, your War General’s name, and your personal name and/or contact details.
- Only 1 entry per person. Do not create or try to create multiple entries with different user names.
- Final submissions are final. If you upload your final image 4 days before the deadline, do not ask us to change it. Make sure you are happy with your image before you submit it into the system.
- Public voting starts Thursday March 5th to March 8th to find each team’s best 5. Each teams best 5 entries then gather together into a single pool and a grand mini champion chosen and announced with all other Dominance War IV event champions in June.
March 2nd Monday Night 11:59 Eastern time. Voting Starts March 5th.
Final Submission link for CGSociety team Members:
Final View Entries page for CGSociety:
Good Luck to all those who enter![/left]