Do You Know Hawk Chi?, Hawk (2D)

Oh, and i have a question!
at the moment I am still painting with my mouse (LOL :rolleyes: )
but I want to buy me a wacom to start coloring a Comic I am working on…
the question is: what size do you use? an A3 or A4? is there a big difference of freedom in movement, or is it not really necesarry to go bigger? I ask this because there is a large price-difference between the sizes…
Maybe it’s a stupid question, but just to make sure…
Thx in advance!!

Originally posted by shehrevar
Oh, and i have a question!
at the moment I am still painting with my mouse (LOL :rolleyes: )
but I want to buy me a wacom to start coloring a Comic I am working on…
the question is: what size do you use? an A3 or A4? is there a big difference of freedom in movement, or is it not really necesarry to go bigger? I ask this because there is a large price-difference between the sizes…
Maybe it’s a stupid question, but just to make sure…
Thx in advance!!

I work with a 4x5 wacom and for me it’s perfect. A friend of mine owns a 12x18 or something like that and I tried it…I wasn’t very comfortable with it for some reason. I find myself having more movement with a smaller wacom. another good thing about a small tablet, very portable. I carry my 4x5 wacom around with me, with my laptop. =)

good question shehrevar… planing on buying one to… still the questions if its worth the money of buying biger, is big always better or can it be that its enough with a a6? , wounder if one should go with 512 or 1024 presure points as well…

Got any good recomendations on that Hawk?
…Since you seem to know we ask :slight_smile:

Thank you for your very fast reply Hawk!
You gave me some very good reasons to consider buying a smaller sized wacom… I hadn’t even thought about the portability of the tablet, and since I am also considering to buy a portable computer, the small size might turn out to be very useful.

The_Row, much luck finding a good tablet too! hehe

Originally posted by shehrevar
[B]Thank you for your very fast reply Hawk!
You gave me some very good reasons to consider buying a smaller sized wacom… I hadn’t even thought about the portability of the tablet, and since I am also considering to buy a portable computer, the small size might turn out to be very useful.

The_Row, much luck finding a good tablet too! hehe [/B]

sure no problem. =)

nice gestures, style

not bad. the shading is a little flat in areas, but the energy ball has some merit. heck, you even ‘followed’ your own tutorial (http://www.3dtotal.com/team/Tutorials/hawk_chiorb/hawk_chiorb_01.asp)

i think more orange/yellow light would fall on the lower body that you currently have brushed in. and like you have done rather well with the jacket, it looks better to brush in material folds without the presence of the original linework for those folds (ie with the trousers)

thats my crit. not sure if id by merchandise for it tho… :smiley:

i like the pic dude.
by any chance, do you watch/read naruto? :slight_smile:

wow…quality stuff, hawk!!!

very nice. however, I do not think it resembles the anime style. looks more like a character from a fox morning cartoon. (not a bad thing) :slight_smile:

Wow you are the master of this type of anime your images are the best i have seen in this style

great work

i like the orb thingy alot.

Do you have a tattoo like that in the picture?

hehe nah, i dont’

you rock, I like his pose

OH WOW THATS REALLY COOL MAN>>>
Im not illustration man but i lv 3 c this kinda stuff!!

SAM
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=189400

it looks cool i like it:applause:

Nice work. Like your colors. but your character feels as if he would fall over backwards. watch his center line.
If you re using Photoshop, just rotate it a few degrees to the left to balance him out.

Keep it up

Holy crap, talk about people still posting on a 3 year old image! I’m not sure he is still looking for any suggestions at this point, puresugar…

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.