I’ve searched a number of forums for solutions and haven’t found one, so please help if you can.
I exported my mesh and displacement maps from Zbrush and plugged them into a V-Ray displacement node in Maya. When I render the image has visible UV seams as well as other indentations and artifacts.
- I’m using Windows 10, Maya 2018, Zbrush 2018, and V-Ray Next for Maya
- Using Multi Map Exporter to save Displacement, Textures, and Mesh at the same time
- Using 32 bit EXR’s in raw mode.
- I tried exporting with and without UV smoothing.
- I checked and unchecked “smooth UV’s” in the Maya shape node.
- Tried rendering with and without “filter texture” checked.
Please let me know if you’ve seen this issue before, or if you know of a better way that I can search for a solution.