The last couple of months I’ve been working on rebuilding Elsa from Disney’s Frozen. I’m trying to be as accurate as reason allows and hope to eventually rig and animate the whole thing.
I consider myself a beginner and would like to get more involved in 3d design, so the point of all this is to get some exercise.
At first I was a bit concerned about whether or not rebuilding an existing character would be a good idea, but so far this has been an excellent way to train my eye and develop some efficient workflows for certain tasks.
However, since learning stuff is my main goal, overall progress has been rather slow. I’ve been switching back and forth between modeling, texturing and shading a lot, mainly after discovering some inaccuracies on my model. I know this is a terrible habit, but as I got better, I noticed more flaws, which I wanted to fix, of course.
The last weeks I’ve been doing some major remodeling and I consider the body almost finished. Now the UVs are pretty messed up in places though, so there’s still a lot of cleaning up to do. I had started with the hair earlier and pretty much finished all the isolated strands, so the braid is the only thing left to model for that. At some point she’ll get clothes too, of course.
Anyway, here’s what I have so far. Don’t hold back with the criticism!
These two pictures show an earlier version of my model. The one on the left was made during the latest remodeling and the one on the right some time before. I thought including these would give you guys a better idea of the potential final model.