Digital Meat - Cinema 4d, Unity and Playmaker Tutorials and Asset Store

//youtu.be/X1TrAPH0qBg

For the last 6 months I have been using your excellent tutorials, and rudely never bothered to thank you for your contributions. The tracking tutorials were especially helpful.

So thanks a lot Sam. The new look is great btw.

Thank you! I’m really glad you’re finding the tutorials useful and i’m happy the new look is going down well.

In this Cinema 4D Quick Tip we take a look at a nice elegant way in which we can create a perfect hole in a polygon surface. This method is very quick and eliminates some of the issues that may arise from using a Boolean. We also take a look at using the same method but optimising it for a lower poly mesh more suited to exporting to a game engine.

//youtu.be/K0wYe1gVXCU

great tutorials! thanks a lot for making these. :bowdown:

My pleasure, thanks

In this Cinema 4D tutorial video we take a look at inverse ambient occlusion shader. This can be extremely helpful when trying to create edge wear or damage to make objects look more believable. Inverse ambient occlusion can even be used to create a very fast subsurface scattering effect. Check out the video for all the details.

//youtu.be/3pTaNIyFEas

New Cinema 4D Quick Tip is up!

In this Cinema 4D Quick Tip we take a look at some really useful viewport commands that will help to speed up workflow and generally make working in Cinema 4D easier.

//youtu.be/WHU4ioRH-dQ

This is the first in a series of videos i’ll be making about the Realflow plugin for Cinema 4D. In this video i’ll be looking at the Realflow Scene Tree and some of its settings but i’ll mainly be focusing on the different emitter types, the emitter settings, and how we can use splines and textures to control particle emissions.

//youtu.be/Kxf_HrIOeW0

In This Cinema 4D tutorial we take a look at another C4D tool. This one is called the Transfer tool, it allows us to have one object match another objects position, scale, and rotation, a lot like reset PSR, but we can turn each of these attributes on and off and the object does not have to be a child of the target object. This is tool is very similar to the Quick Align tool in 3DSMax.

//youtu.be/fclnXrZikks

In this video tutorial we take another look at the realflow for C4D plugin. This time we are specifically dealing with the Attractor Daemon and its settings.

//youtu.be/oVjy1_n0yo0

In this video tutorial we take another look at the realflow for C4D plugin. This time we are specifically dealing with the Gravity Daemon and its settings. This Daemon allows us to add gravity to our scene but we have the option to apply the effect globally, or bounded, so we can restrict the effect to a certain area. we also have the option to invert the effect so particles fall upwards.

//youtu.be/O69f13sCRhY

Fantastic work!
You’re such a great guy Sam.

Thanks a lot! :smiley:

In this (very short) video tutorial, We take a look at the K isolated Daemon in Realflow for Cinema 4d, this Daemon Allows us to kill off Isolated Particles that we may not need which helps us speed up our simulations.

//youtu.be/2AY2ui1Bx1Y

Hey Guys and Girls! I just wanted to take this opportunity to let you all know about the current state of Digital Meat and where i hope to take it in the future with your support. Please comment below because i would really love to know what you think, all thoughts are welcome.

Patreon

//youtu.be/i-FbljlDbsQ

Hi Sam.

I hope all goes well. I have learned I great deal from your videos and I recently donated as way of saying thanks. Am I that one guy who donated? If so, well that’s kind of sad to be honest - you have been hugely generous with your time and your talent and you most definitely deserve more support. I hope Patreon works out well.

You have a very appreciative supporter here.

G

even though i’m a vegetarian i just donated on your website *:wink:i chose donatingrather than becoming a patreon, because personally i don’t like subscriptions, even if it’s just a dollar. we all have to have running subscriptions all over the place and i like to keep my subscriptions down to a minimum. it’s just that i have to remember and eventually cancel and all that, just doesn’t feel good to me. and i kinda already lost the overview tbh… buti will happily donate again in a couple of months, i’m just more comfortable with that.i do hope that many other’s aren’t that much of a subscription avoider as i am and your plan adds up. but to be honest, i doubt you will gain enough patrons to be able to run digital meat full time. hopefully i’m wrong though…

I like to say I really appreciate all the work you put into these great tutorials. There’s a lot of meat so i only watch some of them once in a while. But it’s an impressive collection of really very cool tutorials. Again, thank you very much for your generosity to share them for free!
As for the patreonpart, I’m not convinced yet to hop on board. Like Everfresh I will make a donation now to show my appreciation for your work and hopefully you get this thing rolling into something financial profitable. Keep that meat coming!

odo

A suggestion Sam -

I worry your tutorials are getting lost in a sea of similar ones. Perhaps introduce a new angle? I feel that, like me, there are a lot of amateur / independent film makers out there looking to use C4D to add graphic and effect elements to their productions. Maybe a few tutorials based around small destruction and particle effects? I wonder if these would be more inspiring and engaging to follow than the usual spinning words, etc.

I really enjoyed your camera and object tracking tutorials - they were amazing. I still refer back to them. Perhaps turn this into an inspiring ‘destruction’ sequence? Obviously nothing on the scale of an ILM production, but enough to stand out from the crowd.