Delay a sound effector/mospline

HI,

I’m experimenting with an idea.

I have a sound effector(step mode) driving a mospline - which is then output to a spline, that spline is then in a cloner(linear along X), cloner is then in a loft.

Currently the sound drives the splines and creates a moving ‘sheet’ that reacts to the sound.

I’m trying to make each spline clone have a slight delay to the sound reaction so the sound way sort of flows along each of the cloned splines(imagine waving a sheet and the ripple flowing along sheet).

I’ve tried delay effector, shader effector, time effector but can’t get the sound to be delayed slightly per cloned spline.

I could of course create mutlple copies of the sound file with a delay(ie some silence at the start) in each of those and create corresponding mosplines to get the effect. I was just wondering if there was a quicker way using effectors.

Thanks.

Trig

Hi,

just to illustrate what I was trying to achieve I took a youtube audio file, created 4 other versions all with varying amounts of silence at start, created individual mosplines with their own sound effectors on them, then used those mosplines in a loft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyORWcv7arY&feature=youtu.be

The 1 second delay between each audio file is too long, so if I wanted to change it i’d have to recreate the audio files with different silence amounts, rinse and repeat until I get the effect I want(this video isn’t exactly it). So the question is can some kind of effector be used to delay the mospline animation so I can easily adjust the delay without having to constantly change audio files.

Trig

My first thought would be to bake the spline to PLA, then clone it with mograph, and use a step effector to offset the time of each clone.

Hi,

brilliant idea, works perfectly. Only minor problem is that if I change the properties of the spline I have to rebake the spline, but that’s no real issue.

Thank you.

Trig