I had a quite busy week at work, so I couldn’t progress very much. I finished the left arm, did the rough shapes of the right arm and began the bottom ones.
I also did a first chainmail test, but I’m not satisfied with it yet: there are too much deformations with the mopKnit technique I used, and even if it looks cool and efficient, I think I’ll have to place each chainmail link by hand in order to have a credible result (in the most visible parts of the character anyway).
I had a lot of trouble with the neck scarf-like tissue though, I couldn’t identify what was supposed to be this thing: a scarf, a teared-off mantle, a random piece of tissue … I did my best to match my refs, but the result isn’t very good. So don’t pay too much attention to this part for now, I’ll retake it later.
Nonetheless, here’s a screen of my current wip:
Next will be the right arm, the neck’s chainmail part and the belt pouches and details.