DANKA_Big Sketchbook_25-june-08

Hi all!!!
I want to show you some of my drawings,from my old and my new sketchbooks.
I’ve scanned the pages I like most.
Some are from photos, some from real life…someone invented…
And I’ll post some of my digital sketch as well.
I use Photopaint and a Wacom tablet for digital paint.
I hope to update this sketchbook [size=2]frequently…[/size]
Thanx
Dan

Only old man and bikini girl are from refs

Only Batman is not from references… :slight_smile:

No refs for those pages

I use a real life references for the couple on the bench, and for the man with
moustache on right page

I used some photo reference of military veicle for the details in the sketches on the right

…some digitals…
all the digitals sketches in that pages here are from photoreferences with a little bit interpretation.

Bye bye!

oh I completely love your sketching… I hope to reach that kind of cleanliness in my drawing (I am a messy sketcher :stuck_out_tongue: always trying to improve on my lines)

The digital is also quite nice, though I like the sketches more… they somehow feel more real to me. Can’t explain.

I’ll be looking forward to more :thumbsup:

wooow, absolute lovley! The sketches are super! But why do you use motion blur on your colored images?

Nice, looks like a quality thread! Likewise, the sketches are great! I think if you cleaned up just a tad, you could create some really stunning work, the digital sketches are really good as well, the blur adds another effect I havn’t seen in many artists work, it’s kind of a unique touch and gives the picture a little extra something, but it may be a little too strong. Good work, looking forward to some future updates.

Your sketches are sweet!!! :thumbsup:

Hi, thanx fo replies and compliments!

The blur effect it’s due to a soften edged brush!

Some others images from my sketchbook

no refs

Envs study, no ref.

I used a photo reference for the face of the fat man on the bottom left page

Digitals

Ehm… no refs :slight_smile:

photo ref

photo ref

cheers!

your traditional sketches are stunning, you are able to capture details and life in a really nice way…so clean and expressive :bowdown:
I felt in love for the castle scketches, you captured such a strong perspective there!
Digital sketches also are good, they reveal your painting attitudes…
btw, great! Hope to see more from you (and to learn from you ^^)

Amazing Sketches, want see more

Many Thanx Ataulfo and alicelefay !!!

Others pages!!!

I used a pair of photo references for the man with glasses on left pages

No refs

No refs

And some digitals…
Photo reference

photo reference

No ref :slight_smile:

Cheers! :slight_smile:

ciao daniele,ho visto il tuo sito,devo dire davvero materiale di gran spessore!!!
complimenti vivissimi!
cercavo il tuo Cv per capire che studi avessi fatto,pero mi sono perso ,come un bambino, trascinato dalle stupende immagini nelle gallery e nn ho trovato il cv…
cmq mitico!

se non ti dispiace vorrei aggiungere il tuo sito ai preferiti del blog…lo trovo un link essenziale…e magari ti regalo un po visibilita ulteriore al tuo sito…(nonche sul mio ci siano migliaia di utenti,sia chiaro eh!!! :-P)

ciaoooo Luca

I like the girl … a cute point of wiew and nice colours. I’m trying to figure out what kind of brushes do you use, the final effect is blended and so painted…i love!!! :slight_smile:
Please let us see more, you rock :smiley:

CAVALARS: Ciao Luca, grazie! Aggiungi pure il mio link se ti va, thanx!

alicelefay: thanx again here you find a little example of some of my brushes.
but they are only standard brush of Photopaint…!

my brushes

Some new sketchbook pages!:

no refs :slight_smile:

some digitals one!
no refs

Thanx again!
Dan

Voglio disegnare come te!!! buaaahhhhhhhh ^^

Again, I love your sketches…the pencil one are wonderful, gratz again!
(I use photoshop, I’m stealing your brushes :smiley: thankyou for posting )

Let us see more please :slight_smile:

Some new stuffs!

From traditional sketchbook…

Refs for the asian girl images on the left

Refs for the body of the man with glasses and the old man with cap

No refs

And some digital environments sketches…

Photo ref

Photo ref

No ref

bye bye!

I really like your sketches. Above all the traditional sketchbook pages.
:buttrock: Keep it up

Nice… still very nice… I so want to be able to do this too… Have you got any tips to get such clean lines?
I really want to get rid of my sketchy habits of drawing lines.

Thanks for sharing!

matsman : …just exercise! …but, honestly,I have a little trick. I’ll try to explaine in English…
I’m a commuter. Since 1998 I spend about 2 hours a day on train. And I spend some of that time on drawing. Actually the 80percent of my sketchbook drawing are made on train.
I think the instability of support give me more confidence on my lines. On the train you can’t esitate, you must be speed and strong! :cool: …but this is only a theory…and train life has a bad side effect: like [size=2]mental disorder and so on… :banghead: [/size]
[size=2]Thanx![/size]
[size=2]Dan
[/size]

:slight_smile: that is so funny that you say that, since back when I was in Highschool I actually had to travel 2 hours a day on the train, for about 5 years, And the best stuff I did was actually made in the train…
But that has mostly to do with the fact that I can concentrate very good with all those people chatting around me without actually saying anything that I can understand, I find it very relaxing.

However I really love perfect curves in a drawing and am always looking for those, I really have to force myself to keep the first or second stroke as a final since I always think it can be better…

Let me ask something different: I can mostly kick my own head in when I have a drawing that is very nice, so nice I want to ink it… but then I notice I have already used multiple tones for shadows and darker colours that I don’t want to be in the ink but when I don’t ink those the drawing loses a lot of its appeal for me… do you have any experience with that?

And do you also keep drawing the people that are with you in the train?

Cheers!

Yes, train is certainly a big source of human ispiration, but italian trains are not so relaxing.
In this period ( summer ) we reach boiling temperature or in the case of air-conditioning [size=2]the hibernation is [/size]sure, [size=2]no way out! [/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2]I think you should not try to find the perfect stroke in few lines. IMHO is not the right way.[/size]
[size=2]The bigger artists in the history of art marked a large number of stroke to find the right shape. I think that speed and hand [size=3][size=2]confidence are simply consequences of the exercise.[/size][/size][/size]
[size=2][size=3][size=2][size=3][/size][/size][/size][/size]
[size=2][size=3][size=2][size=3][size=2]The shadows and dark tone in the ink (I mean black and white or grey tone inking) it’s a big subject of discussion.[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
[size=2][size=3][size=2][size=3][size=2]I’m not an expert…but I think there are a pair of strong point to keep in mind.[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
[size=2][size=3][size=2][size=3][size=2]First of all, the sensibility for the volumes and then the tecnique.[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
[size=2][size=3][size=2][size=3][size=2][size=3][size=2]There are various way to give volumes in shadow and “color” tone; you should find the right tecnique for you and then study it to give volumes and tone.[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
[size=2][size=3][size=2][size=3][size=2][size=3][size=2]The sensibility, as speed, it’s a consequence…we all have a self sensibility but it could be trained.[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

Yes, sometime I copy train people or I use the detail I find interesting for inspiration.

I hope you understood my [size=2]foolishness in my [/size]very horrible english :stuck_out_tongue:

Bye bye

Dan

Some new stuffs!

A pair of my colleagues caricature, from real life.

The images on right was ispired by a photo of a man with a monster mask (the first up on page)

Digitals:

From various panorama…

this is inspired from a photo of italian photographer Michele Trecate

Bye bye :slight_smile: