Cytan Series Of Ships, Emily Tetri (3D)

Title: Cytan Series Of Ships
Name: Emily Tetri
Software: LightWave 3D, Photoshop

This image is the action shot for the Ronin Cruiser. The entire series of ships is below.

I made these ships for a plugin for a game called Escape Velocity: Nova. It uses prerendered sprites, so there’s no worries about saving polys.

I puroposly made these ships flat. I wanted to see if it was possible to make flat ships that look good. It’s also kind of pointless to spend too much time on up-down oriented ships, since the game is topdown.

I still have to do action shots for all the rest of the ships. I wanted to get a crit on the series as a whole and also how well you think the scene works.

Thanks.

They are cool looking ships! And I love EV:N!

Wow thats really cool…you made these ships up yourself ?..i suck at creating concepts for in organic things so im amazed Very awsome keep up the good work:thumbsup:

WQP: Thanks! And yeah, EV:N is awesome. :slight_smile:

Soon2bAnimator: Yep, I made them up. I actually came up with the concept while I was on vacation. I wanted to try making asymmetrical ships.

Oh, and if anyone viewing this is from the Ambrosia Boards, please don’t spread this around. It’s not super secret or anything, but I wanted to get crits on these ships without everyone seeing them in advance. So don’t ruin the fun. Thanks. :slight_smile:

The designers of these ships were obviously tired of A-symmetrical designs. Nonetheless, I like the ship renders alone, but not the composite. Seems too bryce-ee. But the ships themselves looks nice.

edit: The_Sparky: those aren’t A-symmectrical.

I’m the designer of those ships.

I’m not sure that you know what asymmetry means “not symmetrical” Those are not symmetrical.

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.