Custom cursor guestion

Well when i make my custom cursor. It works fine, but the problem is that the “real” cursor points actually on the center of the custom cursor. i would like the real cursor´s to point on the top left corner of the custom cursor. I dont know do u have any idea what i´m talking about but hopefully u do :stuck_out_tongue:

I know what your saying. It’s as if the custom cursor is an object and the computer’s default cursor is scrubbing around Flash’s default cursor.

I never wanted to change someone’s default cursor, so I can not think off the top of my head any procedures of doing so (I’m at work, away from the freedom of finding this info for you). But:

First, check Flash’s Help/Tutorial files in the drop-down of the program’s Help section. See if they have anything on it.

Second, search search search in any engine you choose (yahoo, google, etc) for tutorials on flash custom cursor actionscript tutorial or something to that nature. I KNOW there are many tutes for this. You may have gotten your idea from a tute, but check around and see if you made any mistakes in the Actionscripting… compare it to others. Heck, there may even be a question similiar to yours somewhere around this forum . I would look, but, like I said… I’m at work, I shouldn’t even be writing this reply.

But, overall… check the program’s Help and Tutorial files, check your Actionscript for mistakes and/or compare it to other’s tutorials that you find on the subject matter.

Sorry I wasn’t a big help… if I wasn’t here at corporate hell, I would point you in the right direction.

update edit
I think I MAY have found your problem. In Actionscript, make sure you hide your ‘mouse’. Here’s a tute I found for ya.
http://www.spoono.com/flash/tutorials/tutorial.php?id=23

Ok… this one is quite simple really.

Enter your clip (the custom curson art)
Align the art so that the top left of the artwork contained within the clip is where the hot-spot is now. If its the center, then that’s where you should place the curson art’s upper corner… I hope this was clear… if not… send me the fla. I’ll show you.

:slight_smile: Cheers man

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.