Crimson Pirate, Michael la-Cour (2D)

Title: Crimson Pirate
Name: Michael la-Cour
Software: Photoshop

Crimson pirate (not very original title)

It seems that it’s very in to draw female pirates these days. So here is my take at it.
She’s a pirate captain in a battle at sea.

Great Picture,I like the Point of View. Excellent Painting

What a baddass chick! Very cool. I love that old torn ship in the background too.

Awesome pic man - very dynamic composition - maybe add some smoke from the barrel ?

Beautiful illustration. Nice feel for action.

Thanks guys. With the amount of time I have to make personal projects It’s very nice to know that they are appreciated.

I was quite deliberate about the action lines in her pose and the perspective. I wanted her to pop more in the picture than my usual characters.
Some hate it others love it - This just means that people notice it and that the image is different.

@Søren : To be honest I haven’t even consideret barrel smoke but it’s a great input. I don’t know how it would work with the hard wind coming in from the side. -Perhaps in a directors cut edition at some point in the future :wink:

Thanks for the response all

looking good man

Regards

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.