Creature: Fell Beast (LW+ZB)

Just posted this at ZBCentral and thought I’d put him in here too.

He’ a White Dwarf inspired Fell beast that started life in Lightwave. I took him (at 7000 polys) into ZBrush and did most of the refining and texturing in there.

The wires show a little of the mesh in ZBrush.

Glen

2 word

:scream: :surprised

3 word

O M G

4 word

this is cool man

I like the feel of the feet, the weight. They look really solid. Not to crazy about the ‘suede’ shimmery chest part. Just some things I would do, increase the wing size, tone down the shimmer, add more of a bone structure in the head, it doesn’t look like its based on a skull. Take it for what its worth, grain of salt. I really like the pose, nice work.

Absolutely Sweet!!! :buttrock:

I really can´t wait to use the new Zbrush…

Amazing work.

can someone explain what zbrush does? it allows u to (paint) details onto a physical mesh?

i like this quite a bit. am i’m not afraid to show it.

:buttrock:

anything with Ye-Dragon-like-Beasties is a good thing!

are you going to bone him?

Hey Glen,

Very nice indeed. I just want to make sure I understand this… You made a lowrez model in LightWave then imported that into Z-brush and painted… Extra geometry? A displacement map? A normal map?.. What am I looking at here?

Sorry. it’s beautiful work. I especially love the design of the Dragon. I’m just a little confused about what that software does.

Thanks,

-=GB=-

Originally posted by WillJohn
can someone explain what zbrush does? it allows u to (paint) details onto a physical mesh?

And much, much more. Check it out at www.pixologic.com and www.zbrushcentral.com. For one thing, it lets you sculpt and paint very dense meshes in realtime. It’s quite a unique app.

reminds me of the beast the Nazgul fly on in LOTR TTT

Awwwww… lookit the cute widdle dragon!:smiley:

This is awesome. Love it. On the head shot you’ve got there, there’s a prominent line running from the jaw down the side of the neck. Is this intentional? It looks a bit like a texture seam, that’s all.

Seriously, this thing is amazing. Put that sucker in an environment, and you’d be a dead set for Exposé 2!

man thats insane, love that detail.:slight_smile:

Ultra: :slight_smile: Fell Beast is the flying stead of the Nazgul. :wink:

G

Gotta hit the ZZZZZZZZZZZ as my eyes are like glass, and I don’t mean ZBrush…

Wow, Z-Brush looks like a really good tool when in the right hands. A nice way to finish off an illustration perhaps…5/5 for me! :beer:

great model
great example
great presentation
great stuff:buttrock:

really neat. great detail in his legs, i like that.

WOW !
I’m more and more impressed by Zbrush, that’s fantatstic.
Great modeling too.

Do you plan to animate him ?

:buttrock:

forgot the ‘fell’ part. But yeah.

looks great mate, you should make a Monster Base and some grass, and mount him on that and make a white dwarf studio photography style render :slight_smile: I did that with a carnifex model i made years ago, looks cool :slight_smile:

Originally posted by chudofsinister
I like the feel of the feet, the weight. They look really solid.
Agreed.

[B]

Not to crazy about the ‘suede’ shimmery chest part. Just some things I would do, increase the wing size, tone down the shimmer, add more of a bone structure in the head, it doesn’t look like its based on a skull. Take it for what its worth, grain of salt. I really like the pose, nice work. [/B]
For some reason that’s actually what I like most about it, the suede like skin, really nice texturing on this piece.

One thing that I think could use some work is the eyes, (keep in mind I don’t much about this Fell Beast fantasy stuff, if they are supposed to be the undead or whatever), but try giving them a bit of sparkle/spec/properties to really bring this character to life, it seems to be missing something?

Really nice work though. :thumbsup:

Cheers