Creating a pavement texture

I’m looking to find a tutorial or some process to make real looking pavement. Nothing cheese with a lot of noise and a few oil and dirt patterns on it. Something that’s very close to the real thing would be ideal

their site seems to be down at the moment, but www.dvgarage.com has a walkthrough .mov of how they made a pavement texture from scratch using some grunge maps from the surface tookit. Mind you, they sell the surface toolkit, but watching the process, i’m sure you could get a handle on how to make one up on your own with your own maps. If you have access to a digital camera i’d recommend snapping some rough textured surfaces, and follow along with the dvgarage tutorial. If their site comes back up soon, i can give you the exact link.

Best of luck,

Rob

hey vigoro its back up. Where is the section on the site?

Grrr. I still can’t connect here. I believe it’s called the "something Weekly Series. There’s a whole bunch of videos that deal with compositing, and a few of them are texturing lessons. There’s a wooden crate example, and a scratched metal example, and then one about creating a paved parking lot.I’ll keep trying to connect. But hopefully you’ll track it down.

would it be this

http://216.127.92.205/samples/stk/grime_mix.mov

maybe try and connect to this

Jeez, i don’t know what’s up with their site, although i did connect to that short clip but that wasn’t it. This one i’m talking about is close to 5 minutes long…it has parking space lines, oil stains, cracks, a bump map…i’m building it up an awful lot i realize. :slight_smile:

Rob

use the IP address insted of the URL and see if that works. If anything just to a ping command in DOS and see if you get a packet loss

Here’s the url to the specific tutorial that was mentioned above: http://www.dvgarage.com/garage/a2d/tut/tutpast/tutpast_view/tutpast_view.php?tutdate=01_04_11&renders=0&projectfiles=no

You need to sign up as a member to view it though. But it’s free.

:bounce:

I would watch all the DVGarage Vids if I were you (everyone infact). There’s lots of gems in them… and they are hardly a tast of the Pixel Corps Online.

Yup, i agree JDex. There’s some good info in a lot of their material.
Have a look in the “Garage” section in particular.

WOW, this site is great! I just learned a new tip. Thanks alot guys. Perfect resource!!! :thumbsup:

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.