Digital Domain is an innovative and global visual effects studio. We are a creative powerhouse that has brought artistry and technology to hundreds of motion pictures, commercials, and games. Our groundbreaking visual effects appear in films such as Fast and Furious 8, Ready Player One, Spider-Man and Avengers, Infinity War.
The Core Software Team at Digital Domain is responsible for tools and services used across all facilities, including: asset, task, and software management; dailies, render submission, analytics, cross site data transfer, and core Python libraries.
The Core Software Engineer is responsible for collaborating with the team to design, implement, and deploy one or more of the aforementioned systems, working closely with Lead Software Engineers, the Director of Core Software and Pipeline, Pipeline Supervisors, Artists, and Technical Directors to ensure that software meets the needs of the facility. This challenging position requires good software design, coding, and communication skills. Knowledge of microservice design patterns and web technologies is a plus. Experience with a variety of languages and libraries is helpful.
- Work with the team to evolve core services and APIs in use throughout the company, to improve efficiency and extend capabilities.
- Participate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of software entrusted to the team.
- Respond to production requests for support, enhancements, and bug fixes.
- Participate in code reviews with team members.
- Maintain documentation for one or more products.
- Maintain suite of tests for one or more products.
Education and/or Experience Required:
- B.S. or higher degree in Computer Science
- 3+ years professional Python programming experience
- 2+ years professional programming experience with one or more complementary languages such as C++, C, Go, Rust, Haskell, etf
- Firm grasp of software design principles and patterns
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Experience with linux system architecture.
- Experience with messaging systems such as RabbitMq, Kafka.
- Experience with NoSql databases, such as MongoDb, ElasticSearch, Redis, etc.
- Experience with Relational Databases, such as Postgres, MySql, MariaDb.
- Experience designing and implementing client facing APIs.
Please apply via e-mail at: email@example.com