Here’s a tip on how to make a nice image viewer for reference images:
- set 3d view to front and wireframe
- go to view properties and disable all display options like show vertices, cages, guides, etc. down to show selection outlines. leave independet ceneter, scale and rotate on.
- choose any viewport scheme color that has a bkg You like or create own with preferences panel and set this scheme for the vp using view/viewport color scheme.
- put the image You want as a backdrop by dropping in into viewport from windows explorer.
- now pan and zoom Your reference image
- save viewport as a preset like “reference view” by right clicking on viewport thumb (dot in top left corner) and choosing Save Viewport As.