Hi everyone , I work at a company called StatMuse. We’re a distributed team building cool things with sports data and artificial intelligence.
TLDR — We’re looking to bring on a contract character artist as soon as possible to help lead the development of a new augmented reality application we’ve begun prototyping. Apply and work with us!
This is a paid position, you’ll have plenty to keep you busy right away, and there’s a nontrivial chance it could lead to full time work.
I’m pasting the job listing below. If you have any questions or want to apply you can email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your resume, a cover letter (can be brief and informal), some work examples and your general availability. Hope to hear from you!
StatMuse is an AI knowledge engine for sports statistics and visualizations. Backed by the most comprehensive database of player stats, schedules, game logs, box scores, and more, we are changing the way sports fans interact with each other and with the game itself.
As a contracted 3D Character Artist you will help lead the development of a new augmented reality application.
Your first mission will be to retopologize high quality 3D scans for animation and lower polycount, model eyes and interior mouth, then model blendshapes for speech animation.
If this position sounds like a fit or you have any questions drop us a line at email@example.com. Please include your resume, a cover letter (can be brief and informal), some work examples and your general availability.
- Retopologize 3D scans for facial animation and lower polycount
- Model eyelids, eyeballs, interior mouth, teeth and tongue
- Rig and model blendshapes for a set of “visemes”
- Help create metallic materials, shaders, and/or textures
- Help refine facial speech animations
- Visual and technical understanding of sculpting, 3D modeling and texturing
- Experience with facial rigs, blendshapes, morph targets and facial expressions
- Strong working knowledge of Maya (other poly-modeling packages considered)
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Augmented or Virtual Reality development experience
- Experience with Unity 3D
- Experience writing C# code for Unity 3D